Holmes 24th in USA - according to PrepNation

I agree, I have seen this team 3 different times in the past 6 years once with Rajon Rondo and this team simply reloads every year and nobody compares as to D1 prospects that come out of this private school.

So true. I have seen them play twice, once with Jules Camara (Kentucky), Kevin Lyde (Temple) & Price (the guy who went to Xavier) out at Ryle against Aiken. Aiken had some pretty athletic guys, but Oak Hill dominated. That team had multiple bigtime D1 players.

I watched them play at US Bank about 5 years ago, too. They played OJ Mayo & Bill Walker's North College Hill team. As everyone on here knows, OJ & Walker were bigtime recruits and maybe could have made the jump from HS to the NBA; however, they were absolutely drilled by Oak Hill, who had Michael Beasley (Kansas State), Ty Lawson (UNC), Nolan Smith (Duke), and quite a few other stars. The year before that they had Rajon Rondo (Kentucky) & Josh Smith (Committed to Indiana but went pro instead).

Oak Hill is a basketball factory. Almost in the literal meaning.

ESPN's rankings have a lot to do with the recruits on each team.

I guarantee you every team in their fab 50 has a player in ESPN's top player rankings.

And in high school basketball, most of the time those bigtime recruits are the reason why their teams are so good. :D

In all honesty, you're probably right. But you also have to realize that 1 outstanding player (such as Favors, Demarcus Cousins, etc.) can absolutely dominate the high school ranks.

I love seeing Holmes as #24 in the Nation, because they may start overlooking teams. They cannot do that especially being in the 9th. Don't get me wrong they are clearcut #1 in the region and state, but they cannot overlook anyone this year especially. If they begin to overlook teams, they may not even make it to state.

I love seeing Holmes as #24 in the Nation, because they may start overlooking teams. They cannot do that especially being in the 9th. Don't get me wrong they are clearcut #1 in the region and state, but they cannot overlook anyone this year especially. If they begin to overlook teams, they may not even make it to state.

I'd be hard pressed to believe that Holmes would be overlooking anyone. I think the Bryan Station game earlier in the year showed them they aren't invincible and they can have it taken to them if they don't play their "A" game every night.

I agree though that they can't overlook anyone. With that said, even if they do overlook a team and play bad, it's going to take any team in the 9th region best game of the year to beat them.