Holmes 24th in USA - according to PrepNation

I found another poll I have never heard of and it has the Bulldogs #24 in the country.

School Record Note LW

1. Santa Ana, Calif., Mater Dei 17-0 plays regionally ranked Young Monday at HoopHall Classic in Springfield, Mass. on ESPNU 1

2. Mouth of Wilson, Va., Oak Hill 21-0 beat regionally ranked South Atlanta, 63-58, at HoopHall Classic 2

3. Newark, N.J., St. Benedict's 16-0 plays regionally ranked Wheeler Monday at HoopHall Classic on ESPNU 3

4. Rockville, Md., Montrose Christian 15-1 two starters are committed to Villanova 4

5. Henderson, Nev., Findlay 19-0 has beaten teams from nine states plus Canada 5

6. Beverly Hills, Mich., Detroit Country Day 9-0 won at previously unbeaten Canton, Ohio, GlenOak 6

7. Minnetonka, Minn., Hopkins 11-0 seeks fourth state title since '02 7

8. Arden, N.C., Christ 22-0 plays No. 2 Oak Hill Monday in Greensboro, N.C. 8

9. Lauderdale Lakes, Fla., Boyd Anderson 17-0 beat state-ranked Winter Park, 66-60 11

10. Houston, Texas, Strake Jesuit 23-0 top-ranked in state 5A poll 9

11. Seattle, Wash., Franklin 10-0 led by Louisville-bound PG Peyton Siva 13

12. Los Angeles, Calif., Westchester 17-1 beat No. 15 Fairfax, 78-73 17

13. Columbus, Ohio, Northland 9-0 54 consecutive regular season wins 16

14. New York, N.Y., Rice 9-1 beat defending Florida 3A champ Pine Crest, 70-53 18

15. Los Angeles, Calif., Fairfax 12-3 all losses to ranked teams 14

16. Mobile, Ala., LeFlore 19-2 beat regionally ranked South Atlanta, 78-66, on ESPN2 15

17. Elizabeth, N.J., St. Patrick 10-2 led by super soph F Michael Gilchrist 10

18. Hyattsville, Md., DeMatha 14-1 only loss to No. 16 LeFlore 20

19. Bloomington, Ind., South 11-0 27-point average win margin 21

20. Provo, Utah 12-0 extended win streak to 28 22

21. Detroit, Mich., Pershing 9-0 Michigan St. recruit Keith Appling scored 32 in blowout of Denby 23

22. Fayetteville, Ark. 16-0 PG Fred Gulley signed with Oklahoma St. 24

23. Indianapolis, Ind., North Central 14-0 won Marion County Tournament in Indianapolis NR

24. Covington, Ky., Holmes 16-1 state runner-up last season NR

25. Columbia, Mo., Rock Bridge 15-0 won State Farm Classic in Sedalia, Mo. 25

National polls are very hard to get a true read on, but anytime you receive recognition like this and mentioned as being one of the top 25 teams in the country, it is a great honor. Congrats to Coach Henley and his players.

I agree...very proud to see any school in Ky make it in the National rankings. Congrats to Coach H and the Bulldogs.:ylsuper::ylsuper:

National polls are very hard to get a true read on, but anytime you receive recognition like this and mentioned as being one of the top 25 teams in the country, it is a great honor. Congrats to Coach Henley and his players.

A Holmes thread not started by you. I am sick. :puke:

Sorry had to use the new smile.

#24 in the nation is very impressive. It's great to see these players get that type of acknowledgement for the hard work they put in. When the season started I thought Holmes was a year away, but they are clearly showing they can compete this year. Big kudos to Henley and the coaching staff for bringing these young men along, and making Holmes a first class program.

Congrats to Holmes, although it doesn't mean a whole lot.

I feel this would be a good time for me to discredit another high school basketball poll that doesn't have Oak Hill Academy at the top. I've said it once and I'll say it again -- you'll have to PROVE to me that Oak Hill is not THE best high school basketball team in the country each year. Until then, they'll always be my #1. Just way too much talent in that system on a yearly basis.

Congrats to Holmes, although it doesn't mean a whole lot.

I feel this would be a good time for me to discredit another high school basketball poll that doesn't have Oak Hill Academy at the top. I've said it once and I'll say it again -- you'll have to PROVE to me that Oak Hill is not THE best high school basketball team in the country each year. Until then, they'll always be my #1. Just way too much talent in that system on a yearly basis.

I agree, I have seen this team 3 different times in the past 6 years once with Rajon Rondo and this team simply reloads every year and nobody compares as to D1 prospects that come out of this private school.