Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mangini to the Browns

Featured Replies

Do you think that he would keep Crennell on his staff in any way?
"Sources also said that Mangini and Crennel discussed the possibility of Crennel returning to work with Mangini but decided it best to both go in a different direction."

 

Looks like he won't ...

I'm with ya on this one. I didn't think he was ready for HC job when the Jets hired him and I still don't believe he's HC material.
He took over a team that was 4-12 and had two winning seasons in three years ... he sure as heck did something right.
As a Bengal fan I am happy about the hire. It sure beats Cowher going to the Browns.

 

Most Steeler fans would agree...

He took over a team that was 4-12 and had two winning seasons in three years ... he sure as heck did something right.
....:thumb: Not to mention, the media capital of the world and sharing a stadium.
He took over a team that was 4-12 and had two winning seasons in three years ... he sure as heck did something right.

 

 

Not in the eyes of Jets brass. Again, nothing at all personal against the guy, just don't think he's that great of a Coach.

He took over a team that was 4-12 and had two winning seasons in three years ... he sure as heck did something right.

 

Agreed

I assume it's safe to say that Pioli won't be in Cleveland next year.

I assume it's safe to say that Pioli won't be in Cleveland next year.

 

Hah, didn't even think about that:thumb:

I wanted Marty back in Cleveland.

 

:thumb: I agree, Schotenheimer or Bill Cowher were my two picks. I realize that Mangini came up with the Browns and all but I am just don't so sure about him as a head coach. I hope that he works out and the Browns can come back to respectability and better. I would settle for respectability at this point.

He took over a team that was 4-12 and had two winning seasons in three years ... he sure as heck did something right.

 

....:thumb: Not to mention, the media capital of the world and sharing a stadium.

 

Both of you imo make good points. I hope that he works out.

I'm not a big Mangini fan myself, and if I was a Browns fan, I would rather bring back Schottenheimer. But to act like Mangini is a bum because you don't like him or the Jets fired him ... well, his track record doesn't look like that of a bum.

 

Is Mangini the best coach in the NFL? Certainly not. But he's not one of the worst, either.

I'm not a big Mangini fan myself, and if I was a Browns fan, I would rather bring back Schottenheimer. But to act like Mangini is a bum because you don't like him or the Jets fired him ... well, his track record doesn't look like that of a bum.

 

Is Mangini the best coach in the NFL? Certainly not. But he's not one of the worst, either.

 

I don't think he's a bum but I don't see him being a huge difference maker either and that's what the Browns need at this point.

Sure seems a bit backwards and premature to jump into a hiring like this while you're still in need of a general manager. Whoever that persons turns out to be would no doubt have liked to have had some input into the decision.

I think he's got potential, but he's way too conservative at times.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.