Mangini to the Browns

Do you think that he would keep Crennell on his staff in any way?
"Sources also said that Mangini and Crennel discussed the possibility of Crennel returning to work with Mangini but decided it best to both go in a different direction."

Looks like he won't ...

I'm with ya on this one. I didn't think he was ready for HC job when the Jets hired him and I still don't believe he's HC material.
He took over a team that was 4-12 and had two winning seasons in three years ... he sure as heck did something right.

I wanted Marty back in Cleveland.

:thumb: I agree, Schotenheimer or Bill Cowher were my two picks. I realize that Mangini came up with the Browns and all but I am just don't so sure about him as a head coach. I hope that he works out and the Browns can come back to respectability and better. I would settle for respectability at this point.

He took over a team that was 4-12 and had two winning seasons in three years ... he sure as heck did something right.

....:thumb: Not to mention, the media capital of the world and sharing a stadium.

Both of you imo make good points. I hope that he works out.

I'm not a big Mangini fan myself, and if I was a Browns fan, I would rather bring back Schottenheimer. But to act like Mangini is a bum because you don't like him or the Jets fired him ... well, his track record doesn't look like that of a bum.

Is Mangini the best coach in the NFL? Certainly not. But he's not one of the worst, either.

I'm not a big Mangini fan myself, and if I was a Browns fan, I would rather bring back Schottenheimer. But to act like Mangini is a bum because you don't like him or the Jets fired him ... well, his track record doesn't look like that of a bum.

Is Mangini the best coach in the NFL? Certainly not. But he's not one of the worst, either.

I don't think he's a bum but I don't see him being a huge difference maker either and that's what the Browns need at this point.