Our Fraternity Team

MJAlltheWay24

I thought some of you guys who know NKY Basketball would appreciate the strength behind our fraternity team at Northern Kentucky University. Brought home the last two titles, which didn't lose a game either year...and looking to three peat this year.

I thought I would share who are players are from the fraternity because it's a pretty strong team full of former NKY high school players and a couple from Ohio as well.

Mike Kannady - Simon Kenton '03

Travis Rasso - Boone County '04

Parker LaBoiteaux - Boone County '04

Luke Heil - Newport Central Catholic '06

Chris Quigley - Scott '07

Kyle Brosmore - Scott '06 (Not sure on his year).

Kyle Adair - Oak Hills '06

Pat McGinnis - Reading '02 (Pat holds the second most assists in a career in Ohio).

Just wanted to brag a little and I thought some of you NKY fans might appreciate our team.

That's a pretty solid team.

Maybe you should contact Coach Henley and see if you can work out a game against Holmes to help prepare you for your upcoming post season run? :lol:;)

Haha...not sure if we could defend them, we are a little like the Phoneix Suns, run and gun without a ton of defense, but good enough lol.

Kannady can shoot the rock.

That is definitely a true statement. I hated playing against him in high school, but love playing with him in college. We had a very solid two man game together. It has been a lot of fun playing with him.

I've seen most of these guys play, and I agree that Kannady can shoot lights out. I didn't know that Rasso wasn't playing for the Norse, what happened? The one player that really stands out is Parker LaBoiteaux - Boone County '04, he was a cold blooded killer from the arc during his days at Boone. Does he still wear that Panama Jack hat and sunglasses when he plays?

I know when I played intramurals, NKU had an alumni team, and at the time the all time leading scorer for NKU (I beleive his last name is Jackson) played, and he was in his late 30's/early 40's, and he absolutely put it to us.

I've seen most of these guys play, and I agree that Kannady can shoot lights out. I didn't know that Rasso wasn't playing for the Norse, what happened? The one player that really stands out is Parker LaBoiteaux - Boone County '04, he was a cold blooded killer from the arc during his days at Boone. Does he still wear that Panama Jack hat and sunglasses when he plays?

Travis actually played all four years for NKU, and has moved on and graduated. But, he is also a member of our fraternity and some of us have been talking about putting our fraternity team in a couple leagues instead of just playing intramurals at NKU, being that Rasso is in our fraternity, I put him on the list.

And LaBoiteaux does not dress up as Jimmy Buffet for the games, but he did make it rain in the Championship going 7/8 from three point and having a total of 26 points, leading the team to victory. The opposition continually doubled up on Kannady, which was smart except for the part where they left LaBoiteaux wide open. But between LaBoiteaux and Kannady, they probably averaged between 40-50 points a game together.

I know when I played intramurals, NKU had an alumni team, and at the time the all time leading scorer for NKU (I beleive his last name is Jackson) played, and he was in his late 30's/early 40's, and he absolutely put it to us.

I am an intramural supervisor at NKU, kinda run the leagues and what not. The alumni participation has died down for the most part, but there are still a couple teams. I don't think this Jackson fellow plays anymore lol.

I am an intramural supervisor at NKU, kinda run the leagues and what not. The alumni participation has died down for the most part, but there are still a couple teams. I don't think this Jackson fellow plays anymore lol.

So would we report illegal players to you, then? :D

In all seriousness, how is Rasso eligible if he has already graduated?

I'm assuming you guys play in the A League?

So would we report illegal players to you, then? :D

In all seriousness, how is Rasso eligible if he has already graduated?

I'm assuming you guys play in the A League?

Haha...like I said, Rasso actually has never played with us because he has always played for Northern. And he wouldn't play intramurals with us, but like if we got in a league outside of school. I just wanted to add his name because he is in our fraternity and would be a good ball player.

And we don't play in the A league because we play in the fraternity league. But I would say we would be the second or third best team in the A league. Two of the teams have 4-6 ex collegiate basketball players and are pretty tough. But, we dominate the fraternity league.

There's an adult league out at Sports of All Sorts off Mt. Zion that I played in last winter. You guys should try and get in that one. It's actually pretty competitive and not expensive at all. (I think $300 for 10 games + tournament at the end)

There's an adult league out at Sports of All Sorts off Mt. Zion that I played in last winter. You guys should try and get in that one. It's actually pretty competitive and not expensive at all. (I think $300 for 10 games + tournament at the end)

Might look into it. Need to talk to the fellas. What nights do they usually play on?