George Rogers Clark 68 Trinity 64

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in from the game. Very proud of all our guys. Robert Hatton and Cory Rogers lit it up tonight. I believe I heard on the post game radio show that Robert had 25 and Cory 22. Cory had all the points scored by the Cards in the 3rd quarter.

This was Trinity's first loss of the season. They have a real nice ball club, they never give up and have a way of coming back when down. Sewell is a nice player. Harrison is going to be good. great moves and very cool for a Freshman.

The Cards now take on the bulldogs of Hazard on Monday at 8:00.

GRC played very well tonight. Rogers really got after it I thought and Hatton was lights out. Trinity's press caused some problems and got them back in the game. And Trinity also got hot. It was very entertaining. Harrison is a very fun player to watch, but he also makes a lot of mistake as far as shot selection that I thought hurt Trinity some tonight.

Hatton had a very good shooting game hitting threes. Played very well. Roger's points came easier with shots under the basket after beating the press most of the time ,not guarded,. Again I thought Zollo ,Rogers and Stenzel did a good job on the boards. Sure like the way they went after the ball. Thought Clark looked bad against the press. It seems they need a man in the middle of the floor to go to, someone who can handle the ball and finish. Again, I thought they took some bad shots at the end with a 4 point lead. Thought Stenzel had a good first half but was heavily covered the second half. Clark needs to work on free throws and a press offense. I never say too much about officials, but I thought the officiating tonight was horrible. It was a knock down and drag out:I thought Trinity had boys that carried the ball every time the dribbled it . If theres a such thing as a carry, they did it. I was also amazed at the number of assist that Clark had tonight .I heard on the radio that it was in the high teens. ylsuper:

Edited by d-dawg

Just got home from going to the UK game and then headed over with my dad and father Chris Harrison to watch this game. Clark Co is a tough team and after watching them play they are the team to beat in the 10th, not just this year but for a few down the road. I didnt understand why Trinity waited so long to press? Their half court set was non existent. Some questionable calls toward followed by make up calls at the other end in my opinion. All I could think about while seating next to Chris Harrison was man if his kid fills out to be built like his father and with his quick moves he is going to be one tough ball player and a force to be reckoned with. I think his shot selection will improve with maturity seeing that he is only a freshman, but I also thought #23 really hurt them more than he helped them

Edited by Ram Tough
Rule 13

From the Lexington Hearld:

Clark County has a strong group of sophomores, but senior Robert Hatton led them with 25 points and six assists.

"That's not surprising at all," Humphrey said of Hatton's performance. "He took off at holiday tournament time last year. The kid's a winner; the best captain I've had in 11 years."

Rogers, a 6-4, 245-pound sophomore, had 22 points and six rebounds for the winners. Sophomore Robbie Stenzel had 12 points and six rebounds. Sophomore Vinny Zollo added seven points and six rebounds.

http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/639389.html

Just got home from going to the UK game and then headed over with my dad and father Chris Harrison to watch this game. Clark Co is a tough team and after watching them play they are the team to beat in the 10th, not just this year but for a few down the road. I didnt understand why Trinity waited so long to press? Their half court set was non existent. Some questionable calls toward followed by make up calls at the other end in my opinion. All I could think about while seating next to Chris Harrison was man if his kid fills out to be built like his father and with his quick moves he is going to be one tough ball player and a force to be reckoned with. I think his shot selection will improve with maturity seeing that he is only a freshman, but I also thought #23 really hurt them more than he helped them

How many did Harrison have? But yeah I am with you, he is going to be special.

I'm not surre on the final number but I believe it was in the ball park between 6-8 points. He didnt shoot well at all from 3 point range but when he got inside he made some nice mid range shots along with floaters. He plays some pretty good defense as well. Coming into the game he was averaging 8.3 ppg as a frosh

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I set about 5 rows behind Chris last night. I enjoyed watching little Chris play, but agree that his shot selection hurt his team. If he realizes that he can get by any player on the floor and shoot those 5-8 footers he shoots instead of pulling up from 22 feet out of rhythm, he will be impossible to guard. Take the 3 when your coming off screens or dribbling the ball in rhythm, but not as the first look down the floor. Really look forward to watching him progress within the next 3 & 1/2 years.

I was thinking he had right around 10 points with 4 or 5 assists and 3 or 4 rebounds. He could have had many more assists had his teammates not missed layups. I thought that was what cost Trinity, the number of layups they missed.