Rick Warren to deliver the Obama Inaugaration Invocation

It seems many Obama supporters in California and throughout the nation are unhappy with O's choice of Rick Warren from Saddleback Church to deliver the invocation.

Rick Warren was for the amendment to define marriage between one woman and one man.

Obviously, the gay rights activist do not find him a good choice.

Thoughts?

And yet the Obamastream media is running hard with this story. I was in getting the oil changed in my truck yesterday morning and the Today Show was on the TV in the waiting room. In just under an hour I saw at least 3 ads for a Dateline NBC interview with Warren in which he was described as Obama's controversial pick to deliver the invocation.

Now my next question on this, how come there is no uproar from the left that there is an invocation in the first place? We can't have a prayer at public school graduations but we can at the inaguration of the President? Isn't that just a wee bit of a double standard? How much will all those poor atheists that supported Obama be offended?

And yet the Obamastream media is running hard with this story. I was in getting the oil changed in my truck yesterday morning and the Today Show was on the TV in the waiting room. In just under an hour I saw at least 3 ads for a Dateline NBC interview with Warren in which he was described as Obama's controversial pick to deliver the invocation.

?

AT, you can't have it both ways. You can't say that the media is for Obama and then try to turn this against the media when they're the ones reporting that the left is not happy with Obama for this selection. If your theory is true, they would simply not report the criticism that Obama is receiving from his own supporters.

The mainstream media acted as unpaid members of Obama's staff to allow him to win the presidency. They are simply reminding him of the reason he will soon become POTUS and what they expect of him.

Let me 'splain it to you Hoot. What enabled Obama to win the Presidency was that in the opinion of the majority of the voters he was a much better choice. I also note that since the election approval ratings of the President-elect have gone up.

Let me 'splain it to you Hoot. What enabled Obama to win the Presidency was that in the opinion of the majority of the voters he was a much better choice. I also note that since the election approval ratings of the President-elect have gone up.
Thank you for that explanation. For some reason, I thought that the $750 million dollars that Obama raised (the source of much of which remains unknown) and all of the free, positive media coverage might have been a factor in the outcome of the election. Silly me.

Republicans really did not give voters much of a choice either. McCain would have made a solid Democratic candidate.

There is a story here, and it is Warren's acceptance of Obama's invitation.

I don't see this as much of a story. Rick has long been one to bring a voice of ministry to the public arena. He was asked by the presidend of his country to pray at the inaugauration. He is doing so as an American and not a party supporter. Where was the outcry from some when Billy Graham prayed for Bill Clinton? Jimmy Carter? Richard Nixon?

Warren's book, "The Purpose Driven Life", is a excellent read. Seen a couple videos of him giving talks/sermons and he is also an outstanding speaker. I know Billy Graham has spoken highly of him. He would seem to be a very solid choice by Obama. And frankly, in my own personal opinion, his stance on gay marraige makes him all the more qualified and likeable.