Rick Warren to deliver the Obama Inaugaration Invocation

Warren's book, "The Purpose Driven Life", is a excellent read. Seen a couple videos of him giving talks/sermons and he is also an outstanding speaker. I know Billy Graham has spoken highly of him. He would seem to be a very solid choice by Obama. And frankly, in my own personal opinion, his stance on gay marraige makes him all the more qualified and likeable.

Rick Warren is as unpretentious a Christian personality as you will find in America. He puts his faith on the table and in the public but does so with a compassion for the neglected that is rarely seen in Multi-media Evangelical Churches. :thumb:

I think it's Obama's choice, and that people should respect his choice. Personally, I would have liked him to choose Pope Benedict...but....:D

Wonder which book(s) have been read more/sold more copies...

Warren's "A Purpose Driven..." series

"A Purpose Driven Life"

"A Purpose Driven Church"

"A Purpose Driven Christmas"

"A Purpose Driven Nap"

"A Purpose Driven Car"

"A Purpose Driven Inauguration"

or

The Catechism of the Catholic Church

:D

Obama may have based his decision on books sales...or on which book(s) he had read. :sssh:

"A Purpose Driven Life"

"A Purpose Driven Nap"

"A Purpose Driven Car"

or

Obama may have based his decision on books sales...or on which book(s) he had read. :sssh:

You wanna compare all-time sales? :p

"A Purpose Driven Life"

"A Purpose Driven Nap"

"A Purpose Driven Car"

or

I would bet that there are more copies of The Catechism of the Catholic Church out there than most realize. I have 2 copies at my house and none of Warren's books.

Let me 'splain it to you Hoot. What enabled Obama to win the Presidency was that in the opinion of the majority of the voters he was a much better choice. I also note that since the election approval ratings of the President-elect have gone up.

I need to pay closer attention next time I vote for president. I saw the button to press to vote for Obama and the button to vote for McCain. I must have missed the "Obama is a much better choice" button. Was that before or after the Chuck Baldwin button?:devil:

I don't think this is a story at all. Warren has invited Obama to speak at his church before. It seems that Pastor Warren invites opposition to discuss the issues. That's a good thing IMHO. He is a good choice.

:thumb:

Nothing wrong at all with an open and respectful discussion of the issues...Isn't that why we enjoy posting in this forum?

You wanna compare all-time sales? :p

No way...that's why I also mentioned "read more"...:sssh:

Considering how long the Catechism has been around and how many members the Catholic Church has had during that time...I'd say it would be fairly safe to assume it has sold more copies.

But, don't underestimate "America's Pastor"...he might be gaining ground. :lol:

Of course, we might have to qualify the question.