BCS matchups what are your predictions

stick1

I don't think USC will be as dominant in this Rose Bowl. And I'm their biggest fan. Penn St. is a tough out. I think that the Rose Bowl has the chance to be one of the very best of the season's bowl games.

I'll be mildly surprised if USC doesn't win by at least 3 TD's. But, regardless of the final margin, I expect it to be obvious that USC is the superior team and I don't expect the outcome to be in doubt. Its possible it could be more like their 2 TD wins over Michigan, in which the final score wasn't embarassing, but there was no doubt about who the best team was if you watched the game.

But, I could be wrong.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. I was throwing SC's win against Iowa in there as well, but that was the Orange Bowl.

Regardless, it was USC vs. the Big 10. My point is, that since the Trojan's resurgence under Pete Carroll, USC has completely outclassed the Big Ten. I don't expect anything to change in the 2009 Rose Bowl. I suppose I should have clarified that I wasn't including matchups pre-Pete Carroll.

I've heard:

Fla/Okl... Fla

Penn St/USC.... Penn St but this is a great matchup

Cincy/VTech... Cincy

Bama/Utah..... Bama

Ohio St/ Texas.... Texas

All in all if that is how it works out those are some GREAT matchups IMO!

*Fla/Okl - Gators come away with the win. They are the overall better football team and will be to much for the Sooners (or Laters) to handle.

*Penn St/USC - As much as I would like to take Papa Joe, I'll go with USC. I think the Trojans are a little tougher and much more seasoned. That and the fact that they are pretty much playing in their own backyard.

*Cincy/VTech - This is one I think could go either way. I will take a watered down ACC team over a watered down Big East team, even though I will be pulling for the Bearcats.

*Bama/Utah - If the BCS learned anything from last year it should be this. Don't throw small confrences to the wolves that are the SEC. This will look alot like UGA vs Hawaii except I think Utah is a little more balanced. Don't expect this to be much of a game, but Utah can run the program for years on this payout.

*Ohio St./Texas - I'll take anyone who plays the Buckeyes in a bowl game after the performances I have seen here recently.

• 2 weeks later...
Well from 1993-2000 The Big Ten won 7 of 8. Therefore that shows The Big Ten is down in recent years, which means the location is not the reason.

I disagree. I think it shows that the Pac-10 was down during that span. They had a few good teams pop up on different years but nobody at a consistently elite level until USC re-emerged. The Big Ten was down this year and possibly last, but not before that.