Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Size/strength or speed, which is more important?

Featured Replies

Strength punishes, but speed kills.

 

I like speed and strength.....anymore your big linemen between the tackles are not the size they used to be years ago and the speed of the game is picking up.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, speed can quickly be negated when it gets called back because of a penalty or they put the ball on the turf.

 

I thought the question was about Spped versus Size/Strength. It's a given that execution is a must, but the teams that both execute perfectly, who has the better chance of victory Size/Strength or Speed?

I like speed and strength.....anymore your big linemen between the tackles are not the size they used to be years ago and the speed of the game is picking up.

 

Again, I use the example of Big 10 versus SEC. Teams tend to build around one or the other. Speed teams tend to beat size teams

The speed of the game changes every year. The game is so much faster than it was 20 years ago. Now days, 250-300lb. lineman can run with the backs! It is amazing. Seems you can't compete in todays game without speed. Teams with strength and speed combined are the winners. I don't think size is as important as it used to be.

 

:sssh:I should have read your post first. You said it better than me.:lol:

Speed... but nothing tops "execution".

 

:ylsuper:

I thought the question was about Spped versus Size/Strength. It's a given that execution is a must, but the teams that both execute perfectly, who has the better chance of victory Size/Strength or Speed?

 

I was simply acknowledging EKUAlum05’s point that execution is as important as speed, strength, or size. However, in response to the original question, Speed has an advantage over size/strength if all other elements are equal.

You either have speed or your chasing it.

speedy guys that are strong. You don't have to have size if you are strong.

Speed has an advantage over size/strength if all other elements are equal.

 

This should be obvious. Mason County had plenty of speed but not enough size/strength which is a big part of why they lost to Sheldon Clark.

SPEED WITH OUT QUESTION

You have to have some size/strength on the line regardless of what else you have...

Fast strong guys are a serious combination to deal with. If you have that you can negate size. If your speed players are physically weak they will eventually get worn down.

I would offer the Tigers offensive line as my example. This year they are lean and fast. X has figured out T's secret of mobile blockers instead of oxen and mules. With this line I think they will reach the promised land. The heart factor is key too.

Speed...but strength shouldn't be sacrificed to get it. Strength is NOT the same thing as size.

 

:bunny:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.