Size/strength or speed, which is more important?

Justafan2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, speed can quickly be negated when it gets called back because of a penalty or they put the ball on the turf.

I thought the question was about Spped versus Size/Strength. It's a given that execution is a must, but the teams that both execute perfectly, who has the better chance of victory Size/Strength or Speed?

I like speed and strength.....anymore your big linemen between the tackles are not the size they used to be years ago and the speed of the game is picking up.

Again, I use the example of Big 10 versus SEC. Teams tend to build around one or the other. Speed teams tend to beat size teams

The speed of the game changes every year. The game is so much faster than it was 20 years ago. Now days, 250-300lb. lineman can run with the backs! It is amazing. Seems you can't compete in todays game without speed. Teams with strength and speed combined are the winners. I don't think size is as important as it used to be.

:sssh:I should have read your post first. You said it better than me.:lol:

I thought the question was about Spped versus Size/Strength. It's a given that execution is a must, but the teams that both execute perfectly, who has the better chance of victory Size/Strength or Speed?

I was simply acknowledging EKUAlum05’s point that execution is as important as speed, strength, or size. However, in response to the original question, Speed has an advantage over size/strength if all other elements are equal.