Plaxico Burress Accidentally Shoots Himself in Leg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is not legal. He does not have a permit for the state of New York, and his Florida permit is expired.

Although, I don't think calling him "The Thug" is appropriate. I can't imagine you get much street cred for shooting yourself in the leg. :lol:

I understand that. That is why I said IF he was legal.

:laugh: to the second part of your post.

We don't have gun laws to keep "punks like The Thug" from possessing or carrying them. As long as he is legal he has just as much right to possess/carry as anyone, if he would have done it legally.

Most states have laws that require certain specific conditions be met before issuing a CCW permit (it is virtually impossible to get one in New York City) so that they can verify such things as residency and minimum age, submitting fingerprints, passing a background/criminal check, attending a certified handgun/firearms safety class, participating in a range check/qualification in order to demonstrating safe firearms handling and practical proficiency (I’m thinking that Burress might not have passed this portion), and paying the required fee. Some even have a "good moral character" clause and a requirement to show a demonstrated need to carry the weapon before issuing the permit. Laws such as these are indeed supposed to help prevent/limit the number of punks walking around with a concealed loaded weapon, but of course there will always be thugs like Burress who do what they want anyways. Would he have gotten the permit? Maybe, maybe not (actually, in NYC he would not have gotten it). At least he’ll get to pay a stiff price for once again disregarding rules.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's awesome, Scarheel.

Classic!!!!:laugh:

I agree, it is completely awesome but I can not take credit for it. I searched and searched and finally found it. I laugh every single time I look at it, lol.