Mercer County

GusMcRae

This thread has gone all over the place.

Agree!! Let's get back on the 'thread'. :thumb:

So has anyone heard anything from Jaggers and his intentions on staying or leaving? I've heard a lot of people/staff who work at Mercer say he has told them last summer and even this fall that this is his last year and then he is retiring. If he has told so many that, then is he waiting after the new year to make it official or what?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danville, Anderson and Mercer was the ranking of the district. This was Mercer's first year in AA. I believe Anderson got beat by Fort Knox in the Semi's on a blocked extra point that year. Mercer finished up the year 7-3 with losses to Danville, Anderson and I can't remember the other team. Danville beat Mercer 20-0 that year. Speed was the killing factor.

Danville punished Mercer 35-0, a no contest game in 87. Danville spanked Anderson in the playoffs 63 to 14 ( and 41 -7 during the regular season) . And no one from Mercer ran down Donnie Redd, Da Da Walker or Tim Mcdaniel that year. Coach Harp made a no-brainer decision to come to Danville and has become a legend!

Brian said, and I quote, and before I quote, don't get mad at me, but he said, "they must not know me very well because I ran down Donnie Redd."

You can believe me when I say this, "I know Brian WAY too well". What would you like to know? Where he grew up, who his first wife was, where did he live when he first got married, where was he living when he got a divorce? Get the point!?! With that being said, he could have very easily ran down Donnie Redd once or twice, but only if he had an angle on him. My point was that Danville had too much overall team speed. I know, I was there!

Edited by AlwaysAScottie
Left out a couple of words

Agree!! Let's get back on the 'thread'. :thumb:

So has anyone heard anything from Jaggers and his intentions on staying or leaving? I've heard a lot of people/staff who work at Mercer say he has told them last summer and even this fall that this is his last year and then he is retiring. If he has told so many that, then is he waiting after the new year to make it official or what?

I was told that he was saying that he was going to teach through December and that he had enough sick time to cover the rest of the year and then retire. This was told to me by another teacher in the system so take it for what it's worth.

I was told that he was saying that he was going to teach through December and that he had enough sick time to cover the rest of the year and then retire. This was told to me by another teacher in the system so take it for what it's worth.

Is this the truth or is this "hear-say"?

You can believe me when I say this, "I know Brian WAY too well". What would you like to know? Where he grew up, who his first wife was, where did he live when he first got married, where was he living when he got a divorce? Get the point!?! With that being said, he could have very easily ran down Donnie Redd once or twice, but only if he had an angle on him. My point was that Danville had too much overall team speed. I know, I was there!

I don't need to know anything, besides, I know all of those answers too. I am simply telling you what he said when I told him that you said he would admit he wasn't as fast as the Danville running backs. I quoted him verbatim so since you know him so well, ask him next time you see him and let him tell you himself.

Brian said, and I quote, and before I quote, don't get mad at me, but he said, "they must not know me very well because I ran down Donnie Redd."

As I stated before...This DID happen...more than once too. Brian had some wheels. Truth be told he probably should have been playing QB and running the option with Tim Rogers, Terry Riley, and Brandon.

The teacher that told me this said that Marty told him this in the Fall. So, hear-say for now.

Mercer is looking for a new superintendent starting Jan. 1 and last I heard is Jaggers is going to wait and see who the new hire is before he decides to leave.

As I stated before...This DID happen...more than once too. Brian had some wheels. Truth be told he probably should have been playing QB and running the option with Tim Rogers, Terry Riley, and Brandon.

Give me a break! Brian, at QB?

Brian, was a top athlete and is one of my very good friends. One question for you to ask him or just ask yourself, why did Donnie Redd get a scholarship to KY and not Brian? Answer: Donnie was faster and a better football player than Brian. Simple as that!

Give me a break! Brian, at QB?

Brian, was a top athlete and is one of my very good friends. One question for you to ask him or just ask yourself, why did Donnie Redd get a scholarship to KY and not Brian? Answer: Donnie was faster and a better football player than Brian. Simple as that!

Where did I state that Brian was a better football player that Donnie Redd? And I do think Brian could've made an excellent option QB.

No one stated Brian was a better football player than Donnie Redd, but that doesn't mean he couldn't or didn't catch him. I also think that if you knew or know Brian that well, that if he should have gotten a scholarship in anything, it would have been baseball.

With his arm and athletic ability it would have made more sense to have it qb. Quite honestly, the fact that he isn't allowed to coach for the Mercer school system is a tragedy in itself. I know this is a Jaggers thread and we switched subjects, but since we are talking about Brian, then let me say that it is awful he lost his job coaching because of some parents and hear say and that I can't think of any one who has done more for the development of the talent at Mercer County in a majority of their sports. You'd be hard pressed to find a kid below the age of 16 who hasn't been coached and had their competitve nature instilled by Brian and I hope for his sake that at some point he is allowed to coach at Mercer again. Mercer County needs people like Brian involved as a coach because the kids listen and respect him and you aren't going to find many people who love Mercer County like him.

No one stated Brian was a better football player than Donnie Redd, but that doesn't mean he couldn't or didn't catch him. I also think that if you knew or know Brian that well, that if he should have gotten a scholarship in anything, it would have been baseball.

With his arm and athletic ability it would have made more sense to have it qb. Quite honestly, the fact that he isn't allowed to coach for the Mercer school system is a tragedy in itself. I know this is a Jaggers thread and we switched subjects, but since we are talking about Brian, then let me say that it is awful he lost his job coaching because of some parents and hear say and that I can't think of any one who has done more for the development of the talent at Mercer County in a majority of their sports. You'd be hard pressed to find a kid below the age of 16 who hasn't been coached and had their competitve nature instilled by Brian and I hope for his sake that at some point he is allowed to coach at Mercer again. Mercer County needs people like Brian involved as a coach because the kids listen and respect him and you aren't going to find many people who love Mercer County like him.

Believe me, I agree with the baseball part and the coaching part. He was definately screwed in the coaching part and could have played college baseball if he had had his head on straight.