Mercer County

GusMcRae

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaggers isn't going anywhere, where can you go and make that kind of money and do nothing!

You're one of many that I know of to say that... and good point.:thumb: I'd say alot of things will change for Jaggers with a new superintendent and perhaps the current high school principal. I don't know that a new superintendent will allow for the current situation to continue as it has in the past and the principal may actually get to have a say in some things now where Jaggers is concerned. It will all be quite interesting to see how it unfolds. Whats so comical is that Jaggers had told many, many people that this was his last year and now he seems to be backing up. :confused:

You're one of many that I know of to say that... and good point.:thumb: I'd say alot of things will change for Jaggers with a new superintendent and perhaps the current high school principal. I don't know that a new superintendent will allow for the current situation to continue as it has in the past and the principal may actually get to have a say in some things now where Jaggers is concerned. It will all be quite interesting to see how it unfolds. Whats so comical is that Jaggers had told many, many people that this was his last year and now he seems to be backing up. :confused:

IMO I believe that he will be right there next year coaching.

Exactly! We seem to be receiving the same info from the same people. Interesting.....;)

Read Maddogg's post carefully. He speaks the truth. I would be surprised if Jaggers remains if it turns out as the post says.

The new supt. might get rid of the current principal is what I've been hearing. I've heard that the board may want that done.Jaggers could be waiting to help out one of his asst. coaches if they want the job. It ain't like he don't have plenty of options.

The new supt. might get rid of the current principal is what I've been hearing. I've heard that the board may want that done.Jaggers could be waiting to help out one of his asst. coaches if they want the job. It ain't like he don't have plenty of options.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I can't imagine an interim supt. getting rid of a principal and I thought it was illegal for the board to have any say in personnel decisions...?

Jaggers does have options, and sad to say but I don't see any of the assistant coaches wanting him around if one of them gets the job. I think most of them are ready to quit if he doesn't leave. Very unfortunate!!

I don't think that this is going to happen. The current high school principal has been at the school in some compacity for 23 years. Now, if they would like to get rid of the assistant principal then that would be fine with me and a lot of other folks.

I would think that if Jaggers retires that they would look to bring someone in with a proven track record rather than hiring an assistant with no previous coaching experience. Jaggers will leave BIG shoes to fill, no doubt.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I can't imagine an interim supt. getting rid of a principal and I thought it was illegal for the board to have any say in personnel decisions...?

Jaggers does have options, and sad to say but I don't see any of the assistant coaches wanting him around if one of them gets the job. I think most of them are ready to quit if he doesn't leave. Very unfortunate!!

Don't know where your getting your info on the assistant coaches.Jaggers hired all of them and even coached a few of them.I wasn't saying he would help coach.I'm saying he helps one of them get his job by waiting.He hired one of his assistant coaches after that assisiant was fired at the school he was a head coach.I'd say that coach would be very loyall to him.The interim supt. won't make the decision on the principal it will be the new supt.I've heard he's waiting on that as well.

Don't know where your getting your info on the assistant coaches.Jaggers hired all of them and even coached a few of them.I wasn't saying he would help coach.I'm saying he helps one of them get his job by waiting.He hired one of his assistant coaches after that assisiant was fired at the school he was a head coach.I'd say that coach would be very loyall to him.The interim supt. won't make the decision on the principal it will be the new supt.I've heard he's waiting on that as well.

Maybe from some of the assistant coaches. :sssh: Some of those asst. coaches were there before Jaggers...Yates, Bredar and then some of the ones Jaggers did hire have quit. Surely he isn't blind to all of this!

I said it was unfortunate, but I don't think they're all one big happy family here. Jaggers may have hired all of them and maybe that first year or two things were good, but the honeymoon is over. Its nice that Jaggers is waiting to help one of his assistants maybe get the job, but that decision will be up to the principal, AD and the interim supt. And look at it like this, Jaggers waiting is helping other 'candidates' too as they'd want to wait and see who the new supt. is going to be before looking at the job.

Like I've said before, Jaggers definitely knows the game of football and has done good things at Mercer. For several reasons, good or bad, right or wrong, I think the majority would like to see a change. Marty didn't help things either by telling everybody he was leaving after this year. That just intensified things.

Maybe from some of the assistant coaches. :sssh: Some of those asst. coaches were there before Jaggers...Yates, Bredar and then some of the ones Jaggers did hire have quit. Surely he isn't blind to all of this!

I said it was unfortunate, but I don't think they're all one big happy family here. Jaggers may have hired all of them and maybe that first year or two things were good, but the honeymoon is over. Its nice that Jaggers is waiting to help one of his assistants maybe get the job, but that decision will be up to the principal, AD and the interim supt. And look at it like this, Jaggers waiting is helping other 'candidates' too as they'd want to wait and see who the new supt. is going to be before looking at the job.

Like I've said before, Jaggers definitely knows the game of football and has done good things at Mercer. For several reasons, good or bad, right or wrong, I think the majority would like to see a change. Marty didn't help things either by telling everybody he was leaving after this year. That just intensified things.

I've know Bredar for along time and he quit after the State Championship year because he told me he wanted to watch his son play soccer for Boyle County. The principal tried to get Jaggers not to rehire Yates who is a para professional, when he took the job. Yates was suspended by the principal 1 game, by the principal, the year before Jaggers came.I had a close relative on that team.Coach Yates knows that Jaggers went to bat for him. The theory about him waiting is helping other candidates doesn't hold up if he waits. Have you read where the state dept. is telling schools they are going to have to make even more cuts this year. These candidates have homes they have to sell and wives that have jobs and they have to convince them to move. Personally I hope he stays, but I understand if he doesn't. He's put his time in and he has nothing else to prove.I know I can't wait when the time comes and I can retire .

I've know Bredar for along time and he quit after the State Championship year because he told me he wanted to watch his son play soccer for Boyle County. The principal tried to get Jaggers not to rehire Yates who is a para professional, when he took the job. Yates was suspended by the principal 1 game, by the principal, the year before Jaggers came.I had a close relative on that team.Coach Yates knows that Jaggers went to bat for him. The theory about him waiting is helping other candidates doesn't hold up if he waits. Have you read where the state dept. is telling schools they are going to have to make even more cuts this year. These candidates have homes they have to sell and wives that have jobs and they have to convince them to move. Personally I hope he stays, but I understand if he doesn't. He's put his time in and he has nothing else to prove.I know I can't wait when the time comes and I can retire .

If Jaggers is waiting just to help out this assistant or even if he is waiting to see who the new supt. is going to be, do you think there is even a chance that he will be asked after the first of the year to either resign or he'll be let go as football coach? This has happened before ya know. The principal and AD may not want to wait until March or April and may ask Jaggers to resign in January. That's just another scenario in this thing. It all may not be up to Jaggers.

And I'm with you on the retiring part!! Honestly, if I had won a state title and could retire with nothing left to prove, I'd go to the house and start doing what I wanted 24-7. :thumb:

If Jaggers is waiting just to help out this assistant or even if he is waiting to see who the new supt. is going to be, do you think there is even a chance that he will be asked after the first of the year to either resign or he'll be let go as football coach? This has happened before ya know. The principal and AD may not want to wait until March or April and may ask Jaggers to resign in January. That's just another scenario in this thing. It all may not be up to Jaggers.

And I'm with you on the retiring part!! Honestly, if I had won a state title and could retire with nothing left to prove, I'd go to the house and start doing what I wanted 24-7. :thumb:

You should have coached Mercer that year!!!:sssh:

They won the district this year and a playoff game.How many times has that happened around here?