Is Duke worthy of it's #5 ranking?

Skunk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke has a great program. There is no question about that. But since Luol Deng and Chris Duhon left Duke has really struggled. They have went to 2 Sweet 16s, 1 Round of 32, and was eliminated in the 1st round of the tournament 1 year. They are getting better, but I still see weaknesses. Jon Scheyer and Greg Paulus can't guard very athletic guards that effectively and they are going to be outmanned inside a lot.

This is because the teams that lost those games were when the juniors and seniors now were fseshmen and sophs...

This really doesn't help your arguement IMO. 3 really athletic guards are going to be hard to match up with anyone in college basketball..

Nice to finally see you come on here :lol:. I think within the next couple of weeks we will see how good Duke is, they play at Purdue and vs Xavier so those should be good tests for the Dukies.

Nice to finally see you come on here :lol:. I think within the next couple of weeks we will see how good Duke is, they play at Purdue and vs Xavier so those should be good tests for the Dukies.

I got lost :lol:...

If Duke wins those games, maybe people will get off their backs just because everyone is still a little emotionally hurt from my boy C-Lat with a great game winning shot that he made sometime in 90's. Not too sure when, or who it was against, but people always talk about some shot :ylsuper:

^ Neither has a lot of others, but they arent ranked 5.

Well they were preseason # 5. They haven't lost, so why move down? The AP poll had them preseason # 8, and the loss of UCLA moved them up to # 7. It's November 25, are we really going to sit here and critique the polls? If they lose games, which they will, they will fall down. But until then, they should stay where they are, a move up according to who loses. Trust me, I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but its the way it is.

Losing Holloway makes the X game less of a challenge. Duke will exploit X's PG in a similar fashion as NC did UK. I'm not comparing Duke's D to NC, but IMO, X could be in trouble quickly if they don't control the ball during the first 10 minutes of the game.

Well they were preseason # 5. They haven't lost, so why move down? The AP poll had them preseason # 8, and the loss of UCLA moved them up to # 7. It's November 25, are we really going to sit here and critique the polls? If they lose games, which they will, they will fall down. But until then, they should stay where they are, a move up according to who loses. Trust me, I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but its the way it is.

If there were no polls, there would be no need to give opinions. The great difference with Basketball versus Football is the ability to get to a true champion in the end. So, your point is well taken, it means nothing now, but if they are going to rank'em, we're gonna analyze them:thumb:

If there were no polls, there would be no need to give opinions. The great difference with Basketball versus Football is the ability to get to a true champion in the end. So, your point is well taken, it means nothing now, but if they are going to rank'em, we're gonna analyze them:thumb:

I see your point. As you said football and basketball is completely different. Early season polls matter greatly in football. Not so much in basketball.