Harlan Co. @ Breathitt Co, (2nd round, 3A)/Predictions

Who wins this one?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

• Harlan Co.
    • Breathitt Co.

The key to this game will be the Black Bears tackling Fugate! The had a hold on him just about every play in the previous game and just couldn't get him down. The Key is tackle low and take his fee out from under him, as long as he can keep his legs moving he can break tackles. I'm sure Larkey will discuss our tackling issues have our boys executing. We also need to have Roberts running the ball quite a few times. Just enough to pound them so Green and Gilliam can change it up and out run them. By the way did anyone see Roberts leave 3 Wayne county players on the ground when he scored last week.

I'm picking my Black Bears 38-32. Go Bears!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to this game will be the Black Bears tackling Fugate! The had a hold on him just about every play in the previous game and just couldn't get him down. The Key is tackle low and take his fee out from under him, as long as he can keep his legs moving he can break tackles. I'm sure Larkey will discuss our tackling issues have our boys executing. We also need to have Roberts running the ball quite a few times. Just enough to pound them so Green and Gilliam can change it up and out run them. By the way did anyone see Roberts leave 3 Wayne county players on the ground when he scored last week.

I saw that TD by Roberts and it was awesome...those Wayne Co. players looked like pinballs bouncing off of him on his way into the endzone. :D

The best bet for the Black Bears is to keep Breathitt's offense off of the field as much as possible. If they can get some tough yards out of Green (I don't think Green will out run many people) and Roberts, and then counter with Gilliam, the game will be close.

The lower the score, the better chance the Black Bears have.

I believe breathitt will have a hard time playing this one off. I like to pick the home team. If they play like they did last week then it is over before it starts. I believe breathitt can win this one easy if they play hard. Fugate as to be on his A game.

BC-14

HC-6

Edited by 1771

I believe breathitt will have a hard time playing this one off. I like to pick the home team. If they play like they did last week then it is over before it starts. I believe breathitt can win this one easy if they play hard. Fugate as to be on his A game.

BC-14

HC-6

I have this game pegged! Harlan Co in a big way, Or Breathitt Co. in a big way, or it will be a close game. You can bet on one of those three! lol

It's only Tuesday and I didn't sleep a wink last night. The way its looking, I will be a walking mess by Friday. I wish I could buckle it up Friday night........... until I realized I couldn't make it past warm ups. lol

Breathitt BIG....Real BIG

Hope I'm wrong..

The only way I can see this scenario playing out is if Breathitt jumps out to a substantial lead early. The Black Bears laid down last time, and that's what we hope doesn't happen again this game. Laying down is something I hate to see from any team, no matter the opponent.

I was not at the last game, but, I heard that Breathitt's swing pass/sweep type play could not be stopped by HC. I was told that HC's defense would not adjust to this play. I hope the D coach makes adjustments or there will be a lot of Blue & White streaks rolling up scores. Breathitt has always been an offensive machine. Hope you guys can stop them or it will be a blow out again. We can say all we want but unless you fix what happened the first time around, it could get ugly again.

Good Luck HC!

I am pretty sure the HC d coach and all defensive coaches on every team in the world for that matter have someone assigned to play the RB in the flats. Does that mean that the responsible party played him? Maybe not, but it is absurd to think that there was no one assigned to the best player on the field. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Maybe when you get off work, you can go over and give them some advice on stopping Fugate. They will be there until @ 7:00.

It amazes me that there is still this many people voting for Harlan. I know both teams have improved since the first meeting. It just seems as though Harlan County has the same view of this matchup as they had going into the first matchup. I believe that it will be closer than the first meeting but Breathitt is still too much for the Black bears to handle.

Breathitt 34

Harlan 14