Why is Dunbar so bad?

All Tell

Why in the world would the Super not support his principals and their staff? I wouldn't want to be a principal under a Super who will bail on me first chance he gets.

Now you see why there were not many applicants for the Dunbar job this time around. What head coach would leave a program to come to something that is as bad as Dunbar? Dunbar looks good if you are driving down the road on Man O War but if you hang around for a while you will find out what really goes on there. And its going to get worse. They may be worse next year than this year, it could be an 0-11 season for them with the seniors they have returning.

Fayette County has a parks and recreation system thar starts at the 7-8 age level and then ends at the 11-12 age group. Having gone through that with 2 sons, most of the kids will leave before the last year of the 12 year old group and go on to play 2 years of middle school. Some middle schools have much better coaching than others so in many cases a kid will not play much until the last year of 8th grade. Coaching fundamentals in middle school appears to be in consistent at best based on the number of coaches involved, ehich can range from 2 -5. When it comes to Dunbar, in past years the freshman were in most cases only an end to the financial needs and development was sporadic at best.

Not sure about the past coaching situation as I am new to the area - I do remember that the prior coach decided that spending time with his young family was more important then coaching and decided to resign in the April / May timeframe. My hats off the him as thats a very admirable decision to put family first . All Fayette county coaches are required to teach so theres additional work for any coach - Full time job teaching during the day, another full time job coaching sports, and then finding time to grade papers after all is done. The program then lost a major component of their running game when their star RB (and UK Recruit) who had 1200+ all purpose yards in 2007 didnt play. Coumpond that with a offensive line who was inexperienced and undersized physically and injuries to many starters. There were sophomores and even freshman at key spots on both sides of the ball during the year and everyone knows there is a huge difference from a physical maturity standpoint between a senior and a sophomore.

I was on the sideline when they played Boyle Co. and that line was anything but small. They looked big and athletic. They may be young but they are not small. Actually the team looked twice as physically imposing as Boyle Co. did (of course most do.) I understand their coach got a late start with the team and that does hurt, but size and athleticism is not the problem.

The Golfer:

1. Last year's AD retired and took a job w/the KHSAA, no one ran him off.

2. One associate principal took a principalship at another school, so that is why the administrative jobs have switched around, no one from the outside required them to change them up or ran anyone off.

3. A new football coach had nothing to do with 1 & 2.

The Golfer:

2. One associate principal took a principalship at another school, so that is why the administrative jobs have switched around, no one from the outside required them to change them up or ran anyone off.

Tigercat....you seem to be in the know. Please explain to a curious outsider how you can have 6 head coaches in 8 years. I have never heard of anything like that happening anywhere.

The Golfer:

You might want to get your facts straight. Since I knew the program better than anyone on this site ALL of what I said is true. The AD got out so he can save him self of the rath of parents, cause he was next. You need to talk with these individuals before you make posts like this. Talk to the former head football coach at Dunbar, talk to the Principals and talk to Barren and see if you get the answer that you are talking about.

So it sounds "The Golfer " is really connected to PLD football - That being the case, all I see from "The Golfer", is nothing but negativity when it comes to Dunbar - I just don't understand the reasons for all this negative stuff. I agree Dunbar football has a lot of improving but in reading all "This guys posts" since the prior coach resigned for (family reasons), I sense nothing but hositility and acrimony. Is there another reason for THE GOLFERS"S hostility - It seems you have a serious axe to grind??? Where is the benefit to all the young kids playing football at Dunbar, when this appears to be nothing but a personal attack on the coaches and kids - and yes, I'm a parent and if I did not know better, I'd suspect you were attached to the program in years past - If you'd like talk further or meet feel free to send me a private email.. For all the other great posts and people on this BGP site, we enjoy your honest and without prejudice observations, both parents, players and coaches!! There are a bunch of great and hardworking kids who may or may not have the talent to compete immediately at Dunbar but they will get there!! Thanks and good luck to all the 6A teams!!