Hows Johnson Central looking this year?

WKUFAN

That was my only point, I agreed with everything else he said. :thumb: I don't want to suffer the Bluebird wrath on account of one small comment. ;)

If only Alfred Hitchcock was alive today the re-adaptation of "The Birds" would be started with a single person questioning the majesty and lure of the Ft. Thomas Highlands program...:p

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in my post, it is a small point, I probably shouldn't have even responded. But since I did...

He just said "as MANY eastern KY teams find out". I guess it is a matter of perspective. I don't know if he meant "many of the sub-set of EKY teams that had played HHS" or not. LOL. If he did, he didn't say that. He just said MANY. I don't think 4 teams in 10 years is MANY.

That was my only point, I agreed with everything else he said. :thumb: I don't want to suffer the Bluebird wrath on account of one small comment. ;)

I knew I could get you alll stirred up. :banana:

It sure sounds like JC has one heckuva rushing attack. Also, won't JC get home field advantage if they play Highlands in the playoffs this year?

If this game gets played, Highlands will be the favorite, but I wouldn't count JC out!

The Blue Birds are top of the class and it is not close. If JC played a near perfect game and caught a few breaks, they could pull it off.

This will be a good ball game I believe. Personally, I dont think that Highlands has played a team this year with JC rushing attack. I also think that JC has the ability to pass on occasions for the big play. JC has a good enough rushing offense that Highlands will have to play more then they want in the box to stop the run which could open up a big play for JC through the air. However, I dont think that JC has the Defensive backs to pull of an upset against Ft. Thomas. I believe that they will throw the ball at will. However I dont thin that they can run the ball to open up thier pass they will have to pass first and run second.

Regardless I believe assuming they both make it this far the winner of this game should be Ft. Thomas but who ever wins this game will be the state champions.

This will be a good ball game I believe. Personally, I dont think that Highlands has played a team this year with JC rushing attack. I also think that JC has the ability to pass on occasions for the big play. JC has a good enough rushing offense that Highlands will have to play more then they want in the box to stop the run which could open up a big play for JC through the air. However, I dont think that JC has the Defensive backs to pull of an upset against Ft. Thomas. I believe that they will throw the ball at will. However I dont thin that they can run the ball to open up thier pass they will have to pass first and run second.

Regardless I believe assuming they both make it this far the winner of this game should be Ft. Thomas but who ever wins this game will be the state champions.

You have obviously not seen Highlands play.

So you think JC has a better rushing attack than Colerain? :eek:

JC is good but honestly Highlands would be undefeated and probably not tested playing JC's schedule.

Hard to be 1 dimensional against HHS. They are too good. The Belly offense in which JC runs may give HHS some problems b/c they are so aggressive but in the long run JC will not be able to stop the Birds offensively. It will be a very entertaining game for a while. I would love to see JC pull it off but it will be a huge hill to climb.

Like I said in my post, it is a small point, I probably shouldn't have even responded. But since I did...

He just said "as MANY eastern KY teams find out". I guess it is a matter of perspective. I don't know if he meant "many of the sub-set of EKY teams that had played HHS" or not. LOL. If he did, he didn't say that. He just said MANY. I don't think 4 teams in 10 years is MANY.

Seems to me like there was a...hmmm...33 - 0 thrashing of the state champ Birds in the PCB the last time they met Belfry (a pure running team) and there was a terrible taste left in our mouths after that overtime defeat by the Birds in the playoffs. So I don't think I would count out JC just yet. That is why they strap'em on. GO EAGLES!!! GO BELFRY BEAT CENTRAL!!!!!!!:fight:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

seems to me like there was a...hmmm...33 - 0 thrashing of the state champ Birds in the PCB the last time they met Belfry (a pure running team) and there was a terrible taste left in our mouths after that overtime defeat by the Birds in the playoffs. So I don't think i would count out JC just yet. That is why they strap'em on. GO EAGLES!!! GO BELFRY BEAT CENTRAL!!!!!!!:fight:
The last time we played Belfry was in 1990. :lol: And the score was actually 38-7.

Let' see, that was a year or so before any of these kids were born. So, not sure of the relevance there. :cool:

The Birds' overtime win over Belfry was a year earlier than that even.

Since we're going "historical," we might as well mention the 40-7 win over Belfry in 1966 and 48-0 thrashing of them in 1968. ;)

Edited by Birdsfan

seems to me like there was a...hmmm...33 - 0 thrashing of the state champ Birds in the PCB the last time they met Belfry (a pure running team) and there was a terrible taste left in our mouths after that overtime defeat by the Birds in the playoffs. So I don't think i would count out JC just yet. That is why they strap'em on. GO EAGLES!!! GO BELFRY BEAT CENTRAL!!!!!!!:fight:

Those games were 19 and 18 years ago respectively.

HHS beat Belfry in overtime in the semis in 1989 on their way to a championship. One of the best high school games I've ever seen, even though my Pirates lost.

HHS came back ranked #1 and opened up the year with Belfry in the Pike County Bowl in 1990. Belfry pulled a shocker and beat them 38-7.

But it was a long time ago. Besides Rockcastle, who beat the Birds 48-6 in the playoffs in 2004, was that Belfry team the last mountain team to beat Highlands?

If so, that makes 2 in 18 years, which ain't a whole lot.