Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strongside Backer

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Strongside Backer

  1. I am a Belfry Pirate thru and thru and always will love my Pirates above all else. But today when I saw Highlands representing KY on a National level, I have to say "luv them Bluebirds!!!" Go Birds, your team and coach are a class act and you guys are well deserving of all the accolades that go along with a winning program. Keep up the good work!!!
  2. I could only wish........ GO BIRDS!!!:ylsuper:
  3. Actually very simple to fix the problem: 1. Since 6A is realistically always going to be T/X, then let them stay in Louisville and alternate their home fields for their championship. 2. The other classes can play their championships on alternating sites, like maybe WKU or EKU. On the other hand, lets remember its all about the young men who play the game and we should just let them play where ever the agreed upon site is and support ALL teams ALL the way.:idunno:
  4. Hey Jim Matney and the rest of the JC gang I guess this game is already won and you guys should save your gas money and stay home. Maybe they should go ahead and give them the trophy that they seem like they have already won. OR.....you can go up there and shut their mouths. I remember and you do to a little ol' Belfry team back in '79 that shut them down and shut'em up and left them sitting at home during the state finals. Coach Roddy was not intiminated and I know you are not either. GO Eagles bring home the trophy to the mountains. All of Pond Creek boys are behind you.:madman:
  5. The fight resulted from a SC bunch (kids & coaches) who would rather fight than play, tonight they came to play. Belfry had them down again in the first half and then switched from their regular offense which was simply pounding out the yards to the "wildcat" that did not work at all...IMO opinion Haywood choked. I am very proud of these young men from Belfry, they were not supposed to be very good this year, instead they played with a lot of heart and won some very big games and ended up having pretty good year after all. I hate to see the season end the way it did, our play calling was attrocious. Before the season began I said that Belfry seems to always have a good team, but the truth is "good is the enemy of great" and that is the difference between good teams like Belfry and great teams like Highlands, they do not become complacent. We are without a doubt...good. I will always love Belfry football...GO BIG RED!!!:ylsuper:
  6. I called it, the Hawks are for real. They should have beat Belfry in the regular season and now they have shown everyone that they are now one of the favorites to move on to the finals from the east. Great win for their program...Go PCC.
  7. The Pirates will pillage all!!!!!!!!:dancingpa
  8. Although I like the central location of L'ville, I think it would be great to have it in Richmond, the change would be a welcome one for everyone in the east, BG is a long way to travel and I'm sure that the fan from the east teams will be there, but they would be out in droves if the game was in Richmond occationally. Besides what is the problem what alternate sites if the Finals cannot be played in L'ville?
  9. About like the Belfry / Highlands meetings in the old 3A. Of course the stories of the "game" still lives on Pond Creek and in Highlands crawl.:scared:
  10. It has turned into quite a rivalry game between SC/Belfry and tempers got out control and it was unfortunate that kids got ejected, however the impact would be severe in this round for the winning team. Belfry is already down in the RB position, Thomas Varney and Nathan Carroll were injured in the JC game and if they play they are likely not 100% and we cannot afford to lose anymore players. Lets have a good, safe game...so there can be no question as to who will face the winner of the PCC/Mason game. GO BIG RED!!!:madman:
  11. I think PCC is going to give Mason all they can handle, Coach Chapman has been well past this point in the playoffs and knows how to get the boys up for a game. PCC gave Belfry all they could handle and break or two in the other direction and Belfry would have been beat. This game is going to surprise a few, I look for PCC to (upset) Mason by 8. Go PCC show'em what Pike Co football is all about!!!
  12. I agree, it was a great game, great kids, awesome fans, great coaching, the QB was tuff to stop!!! Overall Lewis Co is a definate class act, keep up the good work and good things will come.
  13. I had mentioned this kid on another thread, he is the real deal. Smart, heady football player, can pocket pass, throw accurately on the rollout pass or on the run, also can run with the ball. More than all of that he has a great attitude, he could start on any team in the state, even mighty Highlands. P'Burg and Coach Derrosett has very good team this year and I think we will see them in the finals!!!:dancingpa
  14. Its FOOTBALL, play the game, quit belly-aching, strap'em up and snap the ball...rain, snow, cold, heat, mud; stop a game only if it is a torrential down-pour or lightning, teams should play on. I loved to play on Belfry's old Vipperman field (aka Death Valley) and the opposing teams hated it, one tuff place to play and practice. And none of that crying about it being too wet and knee-deep in mud, we all had to play in it to. You win some and you lose some, teams need to stay fundimentally sound, hold on to the ball and play the game. Good luck to all teams on Friday night.:taz:
  15. These are two teams that are peaking at the right time, it will be a slobber-knocker as always. If both teams are healthy, the only edge will be home field, so I say Belfry 21 - JC 20. Good luck Jim and the Eagles and... GO BIG RED!!!:ylsuper:
  16. Belfry has had a pretty good year considering they are such a young team, however they have done well against teams in 5A Dist 8 and outplayed Ashland in the 2nd half though losing by a couple of points. We have a big game against 5A Johnson Central this week at home, hopefully this will not be their first victory over Belfry. Good Luck to the Pirates in the playoffs:ylsuper:
  17. It should be a close game on paper, the teams match up well and district title on the line. Another hard fought game between these two rivals, it is always a great game. However if Belfry's "Leaky Sieve" Defense shows up, it could get ugly for Belfry fast. PCC exposed a lot problems, hopefully we get them addressed. If the boys play like they did in the 2nd half of the Ashland game then it should be no contest. I like the Pride of Pond Creek showing up and posting a win in a close one.:ylsuper: Belfry - 22 SC - 20
  18. Congrats to the Eagles and Coach Matney, good win last night. See ya on Pond Creek in a few weeks...
  19. I agree PCC looked really good tonight, they were prepared as well as UP for this game, Coach Chapman does a good job defensively against Belfry. He has a good backfield too. I also agree that Belfry has some work to do fundementally on defense, like tackling. I talked with Coach May before he died and he said that fundementals like blocking and tackling have never changed since the game of football began. I watched a replay of the game this morning and there were lots of missed tackles because no one wants to wrap up anymore and all they want to do is either arm or shoulder tackle. I never wanted to be the one in the basement at Coach Roddy's watching game film and have him point out out how poor I was tackling (and I was guilty as charged). This is a good group of kids at Belfry and they will just keep getting better, I am very proud of how well they have played this year, listen to Coach Haywood and keep working hard. GO BIG RED!!!:ylsuper:
  20. True, it used to be that when Belfry/Pikeville (the real Pike Co. Bowl) met you never knew who would win. At one time the longest any win streak between the two was 3 games. In '88 (or '89) when Pikeville came into Belfry riding a 33 game win streak and faced a mediocre Belfry team, the Pirates came away convincingly the winners. Pikeville then went on to be state champs for the 3rd year in a row. You never know when a team can have an off night, that is why we strap'em up and play the game. I think Coach Ben Howard is going to turn Pikeville back into a team to be reckoned with in 1A. :thumb:
  21. With the economy the way it has been over the past several years there has been a down turn in the number of students that participate in football and in addition, the other schools on that side of the county are getting there "share" of kids who would have gone to Pikeville. It makes the all of the county schools a little stronger. In other words the money is all gone.:eek:
  22. You hit the nail on the head, CoachJ "Good is the enemy of Great" and Highlands has overcome any kind of complacency and have turned in great perforformances year in and year out. Nuff' said...Congrats to the Birds!!!:ylsuper:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.