Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheldon Clark 20 Belfry 14

Featured Replies

Final.

Congratulations to Sheldon Clark for getting their revenge against Belfry. That's always a tough place to play and get a win.

Wow. Didn't Belfry beat them by 3 touchdowns in their first game?

ATTA BOY CARDS!

Wow. Didn't Belfry beat them by 3 touchdowns in their first game?

 

Yes...but from all accounts that was attributed to Sheldon Clark's entire starting backfield being either ejected or injured in the 1st half of that game.

Blind sided, congrats to Sheldon Clark!

Yes...but from all accounts that was attributed to Sheldon Clark's entire starting backfield being either ejected or injured in the 1st half of that game.

 

The fight resulted from a SC bunch (kids & coaches) who would rather fight than play, tonight they came to play.

 

Belfry had them down again in the first half and then switched from their regular offense which was simply pounding out the yards to the "wildcat" that did not work at all...IMO opinion Haywood choked.

 

I am very proud of these young men from Belfry, they were not supposed to be very good this year, instead they played with a lot of heart and won some very big games and ended up having pretty good year after all. I hate to see the season end the way it did, our play calling was attrocious.

 

Before the season began I said that Belfry seems to always have a good team, but the truth is "good is the enemy of great" and that is the difference between good teams like Belfry and great teams like Highlands, they do not become complacent. We are without a doubt...good.

 

I will always love Belfry football...GO BIG RED!!!:ylsuper:

Congratulations to Sheldon Clark for getting their revenge against Belfry. That's always a tough place to play and get a win.

 

Congrats to Coach Hager and the Cards. I know this has to be a sweet victory for them!

Yes...but from all accounts that was attributed to Sheldon Clark's entire starting backfield being either ejected or injured in the 1st half of that game.

 

 

But that was a district game, and they're not always indicative of how teams progress during the regular season nor the differences when playing post-season games. That's a tough place to play, especially during the regular season!

The fight resulted from a SC bunch (kids & coaches) who would rather fight than play, tonight they came to play.

 

Belfry had them down again in the first half and then switched from their regular offense which was simply pounding out the yards to the "wildcat" that did not work at all...IMO opinion Haywood choked.

 

I am very proud of these young men from Belfry, they were not supposed to be very good this year, instead they played with a lot of heart and won some very big games and ended up having pretty good year after all. I hate to see the season end the way it did, our play calling was attrocious.

 

Before the season began I said that Belfry seems to always have a good team, but the truth is "good is the enemy of great" and that is the difference between good teams like Belfry and great teams like Highlands, they do not become complacent. We are without a doubt...good.

 

I will always love Belfry football...GO BIG RED!!!:ylsuper:

 

I take offense to this post. I realize that sometimes players are overly aggressive, but you are totally out of line to suggest that SCHS coaches would rather fight than play! You obviously dont know what you are talking about!

I take offense to this post. I realize that sometimes players are overly aggressive, but you are totally out of line to suggest that SCHS coaches would rather fight than play! You obviously dont know what you are talking about!

 

And to suggest that a 2 time State Champion coach "choked" is nuts as well!

This Sheldon Clark team reminds me of the 1998 9-5 region winners.

Sheldon Clark's wins the past 2 weeks at Russell and at Belfry make for a very impressive playoff resume. You would have to think their confidence is sky high right about now. I look for them and Breathitt to be playing for the right to go to Bowling Green.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.