8 man Football championship?

ddky1970

I stand by my statement. With the six class system there is no reason to play 8 man football. I love how we won the 8 man state championship with a grand total of 4 teams playing. Now if they want to start a seperate classification with 16 to 24 teams playing it may actually be an accomplishment.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game that Eminence is playing in is there tenth of the season. Please note the schedule they are off on week 11. It would be nice if you check your facts before you running your fingers. and please Buckett tell me what the Eminence Invatational is??

This so called 8-man championship.

I understand why the other schools are playing in it. Can't understand why Eminence plays in it. What does it do for them? They have for more talent than the other 3 schools. Currently the second best team in the district. Host a home playoff game.

How does this help your team?

Don't you think fielding 8 man teams, as a class, would be a step backwards for football in the state?

Sure would be.

Maybe. But could it not also make football possible in schools that have forever been hampered by not having enough students? Think Dawson Springs, Deming, Buckhorn and Burgin.

This so called 8-man championship.

I understand why the other schools are playing in it. Can't understand why Eminence plays in it. What does it do for them? They have for more talent than the other 3 schools. Currently the second best team in the district. Host a home playoff game.

How does this help your team?

Exactly, CB. Play one or the other. Let the small schools (8 man FB) have their moment. If you choose to play 1A ball, play 1A ball. If you want to play 8 man ball, play 8 man ball. You should not be able to do both.

Don't you think fielding 8 man teams, as a class, would be a step backwards for football in the state?

What about the SMALL schools that play but have trouble fielding enough kids to have decent numbers. I thought that it would have been a good idea for Bracken to play 8 man starting out to build some intrest. I wouldnt want to see them play it now.

Eminence is in their transition stage. I think it was just 2 years ago they didn't have a class and only participated in the 8 man championship. Correct me if I am wrong, but eminence only plays 10 games like everyone else...some are 11 man and some are 8 man. they have been involved with 8 man for as long as I have lived and they are just now transitioning into a full 11 man team. Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

I know that North Hardin Christian is a member of the Kentucky Christian School Athletic Association and is in the process of transitioning to the KHSAA. Maybe the other three schools listed are calling themselves members of the KCSAA in order to get by with this. Who knows? LOL.

I think the KHSAA should have five 11-man classes and one 8-man class.

Eminence is an independent public school, so I doubt they'd be invited to the KSCAA.

Texas plays 6-man football in some areas. If they don't find it shameful, I think Kentucky can live with the bump down in prestige.

Maybe. But could it not also make football possible in schools that have forever been hampered by not having enough students? Think Dawson Springs, Deming, Buckhorn and Burgin.

Those schools didn't play when there was an 8-man championship before, and the 8-man playoff died for lack of participation. Why would schools like that jump in now?

Those schools didn't play when there was an 8-man championship before, and the 8-man playoff died for lack of participation. Why would schools like that jump in now?

I think we've had this discussion before.;) If the KHSAA made a concerted effort to push 8-man football (not the "oh, if you didn't play in a district this year, you can play in this tournament" style of the late 90s/early 00s), those schools might make the jump. I'm not saying they would. I am saying if the KHSAA went all-in supporting it, you might see a few schools join.

I think we've had this discussion before.;) If the KHSAA made a concerted effort to push 8-man football (not the "oh, if you didn't play in a district this year, you can play in this tournament" style of the late 90s/early 00s), those schools might make the jump. I'm not saying they would. I am saying if the KHSAA went all-in supporting it, you might see a few schools join.

That is where I see the problem, if they push 8 man football then more school might play 8 man instead of even trying to start an 11 man team.

I think 11 man football should be pushed. If they fall short, then they can play the 8 man the way they are playing it now. If you push 8 man football, it will drag 1A teams that are not good enough down to 8 man football instead of trying to improve their program to compete in 1A.

Eminence is in their transition stage. I think it was just 2 years ago they didn't have a class and only participated in the 8 man championship. Correct me if I am wrong, but eminence only plays 10 games like everyone else...some are 11 man and some are 8 man. they have been involved with 8 man for as long as I have lived and they are just now transitioning into a full 11 man team. Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

The difference is Eminence has been fielding a varsity team for over 30 years. In the late 90's they help started the 8-man class so they could win a championship, the coach says he couldn't compete with the big boys of class A. Well now we have a six class system and it looks like they have done pretty darn good.

So should we start a 1 man football class so everyone can win a championship?