8 man Football championship?

ddky1970

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Eminence, North Hardin Christian, Beth Haven and Evengal Christian.

Not sure how Eminence is allowed to play 10 games and play in the playoffs plus take part in the Eminence invatational. Seems like they shouldn't be allowed to play in more than 10 varsity games.

If it's not recognized by the KHSAA does it count as a varsity game?

Not sure how Eminence is allowed to play 10 games and play in the playoffs plus take part in the Eminence invatational. Seems like they shouldn't be allowed to play in more than 10 varsity games.

There is no way that is right. At the very least, these should count as scrimmages against Eminence. What gives here? (I did not know 8 man football still existed, either.)

How big is the enrollment at Eminence? I know af a few schools down this way that may have numbers low enough to participate in both, if that be the case. I think Pineville and Williamsburg's enrollment numbers would make them eligible, and I don't think any of the teams on the list could hang with the Jackets.

Yes, but how do the 11 man schools get to participate legally? Are they saying this is like winning the 7-on-7-passing-drills-in-the-spring-Championship? How can you compete in 2 classes under KHSAA rules. That is what it seems to me. 11 man or 8 man, 1A or 2A. You have to be in one or the other, not both.

What gives?

I know that North Hardin Christian is a member of the Kentucky Christian School Athletic Association and is in the process of transitioning to the KHSAA. Maybe the other three schools listed are calling themselves members of the KCSAA in order to get by with this. Who knows? LOL.

I think the KHSAA should have five 11-man classes and one 8-man class.

The game that Eminence is playing in is there tenth of the season. Please note the schedule they are off on week 11. It would be nice if you check your facts before you running your fingers. and please Buckett tell me what the Eminence Invatational is??

I know that North Hardin Christian is a member of the Kentucky Christian School Athletic Association and is in the process of transitioning to the KHSAA. Maybe the other three schools listed are calling themselves members of the KCSAA in order to get by with this. Who knows? LOL.

I think the KHSAA should have five 11-man classes and one 8-man class.

I have long said that. Five classes of equal size, and the 24 smallest schools have the option of playing 8-man. If any of those 24 don't want to play, they move up into the next class and the classes are reconfigured to produce an even number. I think some of the absolute smallest schools could be more successful in 8-man and a few schools might be able to add football themselves.

8-man works really well in rural areas of the Great Plains and Southwest. Why couldn't it work in Kentucky?