Catholic Vote

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent it to mine too.

But since it has so much Catholicism attached to it, they won't let us show it during worship hour.

Doesn't mean it can't make the email rounds, though.

So even though you agree with the message there is still so much anti Catholic sentiment in your church that the message will be lost to many people .

So even though you agree with the message there is still so much anti Catholic sentiment in your church that the message will be lost to many people .

Not really any anti-Catholic sentiment, just disagree with many of their stances on theological questions for the elders to agree to use it.

It is stil legal and always will be. So I think I'm right.

You need to read the posts before you post about them.

The last two Presidents ACTED on Partial Birth Abortion.

Clinton vetoed the bill and continued to allow the partial birth abortion to continue.

Bush passed the bill and the practice stopped.

Big difference in electing a pro-abortion President and a Pro-life President.

If you need to know what a partial birth abortion is, here is one description.

Under the Intact D&X method, the largest part of the fetus (the head) is reduced in diameter to allow vaginal passage. According to the American Medical Association, this procedure has four main elements.[8] First, the cervix is dilated. Second, the fetus is positioned for a footling breech. Third, the fetus is partially pulled out, starting with the feet, as far as the neck. Fourth, the brain and material inside the skull is evacuated, so that a dead but otherwise intact fetus can be delivered via the vagina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-birth_abortion

Clinton allowed this practice to continue. Baby being partially born while ALIVE and then having their brains sucked out so that they can die and then be delivered DEAD.

Bush signed into law a banning of this procedure.

You can watch an illustrated animation of the procedure here.

http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/

You need to read the posts before you post about them.

The last two Presidents ACTED on Partial Birth Abortion.

Clinton vetoed the bill and continued to allow the partial birth abortion to continue.

Bush passed the bill and the practice stopped.

Big difference in electing a pro-abortion President and a Pro-life President.

If you need to know what a partial birth abortion is, here is one description.

Under the Intact D&X method, the largest part of the fetus (the head) is reduced in diameter to allow vaginal passage. According to the American Medical Association, this procedure has four main elements.[8] First, the cervix is dilated. Second, the fetus is positioned for a footling breech. Third, the fetus is partially pulled out, starting with the feet, as far as the neck. Fourth, the brain and material inside the skull is evacuated, so that a dead but otherwise intact fetus can be delivered via the vagina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-birth_abortion

Clinton allowed this practice to continue. Baby being partially born while ALIVE and then having their brains sucked out so that they can die and then be delivered DEAD.

Bush signed into law a banning of this procedure.

You can watch an illustrated animation of the procedure here.

http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/

There is no need to talk down to me. I read the posts AND I know what a partial birth abortion is. I'm saying abortion as a whole is legal and will always be legal.

When is the last time a President did anything substantial about abortion? On either side of the debate?

I'm going to go with...never. :thumb:

There is no need to talk down to me. I read the posts AND I know what a partial birth abortion is. I'm saying abortion as a whole is legal and will always be legal.

Pancake asked when was the last time a President did anything substantial about abortion.

You said never.

We provided three substantial acts done by the last two Presidents.

One was allowing partial birth abortions to remain legal.

One was making partial birth abortions illegal.

One was to name a justice who might be one of the deciding votes to overturn R v. Wade.

Even Obama in the debate said that one of them two would name at least one Supreme Court Justice and R v Wade hangs in the balance.

And your last statement is a sad state of affairs when this society finds the Holocaust a horrible event in human history but, I think it is 38 million more babies have been aborted than Jews killed in the Holocaust.

I have a question:

Why, if the video expresses everything your church espouses, LBBC, would the elders not show it? I didn't find it to be very overtly "Catholic", other than it was obviously targeted at Catholics, and produced by a Catholic organization? There wasn't even a call for Catholics to vote for one candidate or another, only to vote their conscience. :confused:

I would think that regardless of the denomination, the message is important enough to (as the video illustrates) be utilized by all faiths.

As a Catholic democrat, I feel strongly about abortion. I am against it! However, I believe that people should do things because its the right thing to do, not only because its legal or not legal, it's legal now but I don't think its the right thing to do. People should not get an abortion because that is how they feel, not because they are not able to.

The only exceptions would be if the mothers life is in danger if she would give birth, and that would be up to the parents only.

The thing about abortion is that if it is legal, a number people will get it done illegally, they are still making a choice, in my opinion the wrong one. But they are doing it because they want to, not because the law says they can or cant. They have to live with their choice, but I pray they all make the right one.

I have a question:

Why, if the video expresses everything your church espouses, LBBC, would the elders not show it? I didn't find it to be very overtly "Catholic", other than it was obviously targeted at Catholics, and produced by a Catholic organization? There wasn't even a call for Catholics to vote for one candidate or another, only to vote their conscience. :confused:

I would think that regardless of the denomination, the message is important enough to (as the video illustrates) be utilized by all faiths.

I cannot answer that question and have disagreed with other decisions made. None are salvation issues but sometimes Christians across the board get in on our way.

I would guess though if a Protestant video was made, the Pope would not allow it to be showed either.

As a Catholic democrat, I feel strongly about abortion. I am against it! However, I believe that people should do things because its the right thing to do, not only because its legal or not legal, it's legal now but I don't think its the right thing to do. People should not get an abortion because that is how they feel, not because they are not able to.

The only exceptions would be if the mothers life is in danger if she would give birth, and that would be up to the parents only.

The thing about abortion is that if it is legal, a number people will get it done illegally, they are still making a choice, in my opinion the wrong one. But they are doing it because they want to, not because the law says they can or cant. They have to live with their choice, but I pray they all make the right one.

Here is a question for you and someone else that is a better Bible scholar than I might be able to help out.

Does Scripture show that God holds the citizens of a society/country responsible for the actions of the society/country?

I think it does.

Christians (Catholics and Protestants) don't get a free pass for allowing our society/country to do certain things.