Catholic Vote

Isn't it hypocritical of churches that have a stance against abortion to NOT be against oral contraceptives, if the stance is that life begins at conception? I will repeat this for the third time in the last three days (though perhaps not in this thread and not to LBBC), oral contraceptive ("the pill") works in part by not allowing a fertilized egg to attach to the uterine wall. As far as I know, only the Catholic church preaches against oral contraceptives (in addition to all artificial birth control).

No thoughts?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to read this TBG as this is the way we Catholic are told to practice birth control!

In fact starting this Janurary 1st, 2009 (see below) engaged couples wanting to get married in the Catholick Church will be required to take a course on The Art of Natural Family Planning

PLEASE NOTE:

Beginning January 1, 2009, each couple must also attend a full Natural Family Planning course series. Information on NFP can be found at the Natural Family Planning link then see the link on the right side of the page

called Natural Family Planning

You might want to read this TBG as this is the way we Catholic are told to practice birth control!

In fact starting this Janurary 1st, 2009 (see below) engaged couples wanting to get married in the Catholick Church will be required to take a course on The Art of Natural Family Planning

PLEASE NOTE:

Beginning January 1, 2009, each couple must also attend a full Natural Family Planning course series. Information on NFP can be found at the Natural Family Planning link then see the link on the right side of the page

called Natural Family Planning

That is, natural birth control.

Isn't it hypocritical of churches that have a stance against abortion to NOT be against oral contraceptives, if the stance is that life begins at conception? I will repeat this for the third time in the last three days (though perhaps not in this thread and not to LBBC), oral contraceptive ("the pill") works in part by not allowing a fertilized egg to attach to the uterine wall. As far as I know, only the Catholic church preaches against oral contraceptives (in addition to all artificial birth control).

Doesn't the fertlized egg have to attach to the uterine wall to create human life?

Well, of course, you know that I have no thoughts on that post. :D

Get used to it- any post that doesn't deal directly with talking points is ignored.

Or simply the person has not been on the forum to answer the question or simply looking over so many posts missed one.

You are too young to be this cynical.:D;)

My issue is with killing life.

Then your position is the same as the Pro-Choicers. You are not concerned (in this instance) with allowing God's will to be done. The only difference between you and an abortion supporter is a disagreement on when life begins.

I prefer no barrier that we create to disallow the miracle of conception. NFP uses no physical method of preventing pregnancy. If God wishes that a woman become pregnant, even though it is that time of the month when conception is least likely, then it will be done.

Using your question as logic, teaching abstinence could be seen as preventing life from occurring.

The Catholic Church, in fact, discourages abstinence among married couples.

Then your position is the same as the Pro-Choicers. You are not concerned (in this instance) with allowing God's will to be done. The only difference between you and an abortion supporter is a disagreement on when life begins.

The Catholic Church, in fact, discourages abstinence among married couples.

In one sense, yes you are correct and yes they (abortion supporters) are very much INCORRECT.

Maybe it was God's will to use contraceptives.

I think the Catholic Church sticking their nose into that is much like the Pharisees trying to overlegislate in Jesus' day.