Catholic Vote

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the last time a President did anything substantial about abortion? On either side of the debate?

George W passed and signed a bill to outlaw partial birth abortion.

The previous President vetoed that bill and allowed the action of partial birth abortion to continue.

So, this President and last President would be the answer to your question.

Thanks for asking and showing how important the abortion is when choosing a Presidential choice.

When is the last time a President did anything substantial about abortion? On either side of the debate?

George W. Bush appointed Samuel J. Alito to the United States Supreme Court.

That was a very good video. I agree with its sentiment (even though I have a hard time getting riled up about same-sex marriage). Although, given the debates among the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops over the last few years, the exact meaning of the phrase "Vote Your Conscience" is an interesting question.

George W. Bush appointed Samuel J. Alito to the United States Supreme Court.

That was a very good video. I agree with its sentiment (even though I have a hard time getting riled up about same-sex marriage). Although, given the debates among the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops over the last few years, the exact meaning of the phrase "Vote Your Conscience" is an interesting question.

For those that don't know the importance of that appointment, Alito was on the side to overturn Roe v Wade and send the decision back to the states at the appellate (I think that was the level) level. He replaced a judge that voted to keep Roe v. Wade going.

For those that don't know the importance of that appointment, Alito was on the side to overturn Roe v Wade and send the decision back to the states at the appellate (I think that was the level) level. He replaced a judge that voted to keep Roe v. Wade going.

Yeah, I guess I should have said that. And I think you're right, it was while he was on the Circuit Court of Appeals. And keeping with the topic of the thread, Justice Alito is a Catholic. As are Justices Scalia, Roberts, Thomas and Kennedy.

Very well done production! I have sent it to my Pastor, my Deacon, and my Daughters Pastor at the MSU Newman House!

LBBC, thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Sent it to mine too.

But since it has so much Catholicism attached to it, they won't let us show it during worship hour.

Doesn't mean it can't make the email rounds, though.

This video needs to be seen and its message heeded by all who claim to be Christians. In terms of the sacredness of life (as opposed to treating life as a commodity to be bought, sold, and discarded), this is clearly the most important election of the last century. To believe otherwise is to be naive. Regardless of how some may rationalize the issue, all will be held accountable. This is a deadly serious matter.