Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALCS: Who do you want to win? Rays or Sox

Who do you want to win? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you want to win?

    • Rays
      79%
      38
    • Red Sox
      20%
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Well you get to watch them play for a few more games :D

 

We get to watch them beat Boston and win the World Series. :thumb::dancingpa:lol:

  • Replies 57
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Well you get to watch them play for a few more games :D

 

Hopefully for more than 7 games.

We get to watch them beat Boston and win the World Series. :thumb::dancingpa:lol:

 

:laugh:

  • Author
:laugh:

 

People were doing the same thing during the year about the Rays saying they would never last at the top and would eventually drop in the standings. It did not happen.

 

One thing about baseball you never know who might win it.

 

Marlins, Cardinals, White Sox. Who would have thought those teams would have won in the past few years.

People were doing the same thing during the year about the Rays saying they would never last at the top and would eventually drop in the standings. It did not happen.

 

One thing about baseball you never know who might win it.

 

Marlins, Cardinals, White Sox. Who would have thought those teams would have won in the past few years.

 

 

 

True, but like I said in a previous post, I just dont think a team can beat Boston in a 7 game series this season...

  • Author
True, but like I said in a previous post, I just dont think a team can beat Boston in a 7 game series this season...

 

And most didn't think the Rays could finish ahead of the Sox in the East either.

 

They are good enough to be here so don't ever count them out.

Marlins, Cardinals, White Sox. Who would have thought those teams would have won in the past few years.

 

 

White Sox, btw, wow 99 games that year, had an amazing pitching staff.

 

Cardinals, I'll give you that one.

 

Marlins had 91 wins, 2nd in the NL that season. They had a youngster by the name of Josh Beckett (where is he at now?), Pudge, Burnett, Redman, Willis, Cabrera, Lee, etc etc.

 

And oh yeah, they had a pretty good manager too, Jack McKeon...Where did he coach that fired him?

And most didn't think the Rays could finish ahead of the Sox in the East either.

 

They are good enough to be here so don't ever count them out.

 

They are a good team. Angels are better IMO. Kazmir will show up to pitch. Shields, Sonnanstine, and Garza, I don't think will. Just one mans opinion

  • Author
White Sox, btw, wow 99 games that year, had an amazing pitching staff.

 

Cardinals, I'll give you that one.

 

Marlins had 91 wins, 2nd in the NL that season. They had a youngster by the name of Josh Beckett (where is he at now?), Pudge, Burnett, Redman, Willis, Cabrera, Lee, etc etc.

 

And oh yeah, they had a pretty good manager too, Jack McKeon...Where did he coach that fired him?

 

I will give you the White Sox but most did not give the Marlins a chance to the Yankees, Beckett was an unknown then.

I will give you the White Sox but most did not give the Marlins a chance to the Yankees, Beckett was an unknown then.

 

 

He wasn't an ace, but I wouldnt say he was unknown either

I want the Rays to win.

 

They have went through so much as ballclub in their existence and I think its about time they got to taste success not only in the regular season but the post-season as well.

 

The Red Sox have arguably been the best team so far this decade and I think its time for someone new.

 

I'm really really pulling for a Dodgers/Rays matchup in the WS.

  • Author
He wasn't an ace, but I wouldnt say he was unknown either

 

That is when Beckett made his name was that WS.

 

His career record was 17-17 going into that postseason and he was 9-8 that year.

That is when Beckett made his name was that WS.

 

His career record was 17-17 going into that postseason and he was 9-8 that year.

 

He was 9-8 with a 3.04 ERA. Not too bad if you ask me....

He was 9-8 with a 3.04 ERA. Not too bad if you ask me....

 

 

He was already a decently big name. However, most of that came from being the 2nd pick in the 1st round of the 1999 draft. His fastball and potential had already made him well known. His current reputation as a big game pitcher was formed during those 2003 Playoffs (not just the WS)--not before.

Not a fan of either, but I'll be pulling for the Rays.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.