• Rays
    • Red Sox

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

People were doing the same thing during the year about the Rays saying they would never last at the top and would eventually drop in the standings. It did not happen.

One thing about baseball you never know who might win it.

Marlins, Cardinals, White Sox. Who would have thought those teams would have won in the past few years.

People were doing the same thing during the year about the Rays saying they would never last at the top and would eventually drop in the standings. It did not happen.

One thing about baseball you never know who might win it.

Marlins, Cardinals, White Sox. Who would have thought those teams would have won in the past few years.

True, but like I said in a previous post, I just dont think a team can beat Boston in a 7 game series this season...

True, but like I said in a previous post, I just dont think a team can beat Boston in a 7 game series this season...

And most didn't think the Rays could finish ahead of the Sox in the East either.

They are good enough to be here so don't ever count them out.

White Sox, btw, wow 99 games that year, had an amazing pitching staff.

Cardinals, I'll give you that one.

Marlins had 91 wins, 2nd in the NL that season. They had a youngster by the name of Josh Beckett (where is he at now?), Pudge, Burnett, Redman, Willis, Cabrera, Lee, etc etc.

And oh yeah, they had a pretty good manager too, Jack McKeon...Where did he coach that fired him?

And most didn't think the Rays could finish ahead of the Sox in the East either.

They are good enough to be here so don't ever count them out.

They are a good team. Angels are better IMO. Kazmir will show up to pitch. Shields, Sonnanstine, and Garza, I don't think will. Just one mans opinion

White Sox, btw, wow 99 games that year, had an amazing pitching staff.

Cardinals, I'll give you that one.

Marlins had 91 wins, 2nd in the NL that season. They had a youngster by the name of Josh Beckett (where is he at now?), Pudge, Burnett, Redman, Willis, Cabrera, Lee, etc etc.

And oh yeah, they had a pretty good manager too, Jack McKeon...Where did he coach that fired him?

I will give you the White Sox but most did not give the Marlins a chance to the Yankees, Beckett was an unknown then.

I want the Rays to win.

They have went through so much as ballclub in their existence and I think its about time they got to taste success not only in the regular season but the post-season as well.

The Red Sox have arguably been the best team so far this decade and I think its time for someone new.

I'm really really pulling for a Dodgers/Rays matchup in the WS.

He was 9-8 with a 3.04 ERA. Not too bad if you ask me....

He was already a decently big name. However, most of that came from being the 2nd pick in the 1st round of the 1999 draft. His fastball and potential had already made him well known. His current reputation as a big game pitcher was formed during those 2003 Playoffs (not just the WS)--not before.