1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• Rays
    • Red Sox

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm acquiring a severe dislike for the Red Sox.

Before 2004, I would pull for the Sox to break their "curse" but since then I have grown sick of them and all the media coverage. what is worse is the bandwagon fans that have "always" been Red Sox fans. I know several people that jumped on the wagon and claim to have always liked the Sox. That is one reason that I hope the Cubs don't win it. The bandwagon fans would come from all over claiming they have "always" been Cub fans.

I will pull for the Rays but you will not see me in a Rays hat or shirt even if they win it all. I am a Cardinal fan through and through.

Before 2004, I would pull for the Sox to break their "curse" but since then I have grown sick of them and all the media coverage. what is worse is the bandwagon fans that have "always" been Red Sox fans. I know several people that jumped on the wagon and claim to have always liked the Sox. That is one reason that I hope the Cubs don't win it. The bandwagon fans would come from all over claiming they have "always" been Cub fans.

I will pull for the Rays but you will not see me in a Rays hat or shirt even if they win it all. I am a Cardinal fan through and through.

I'll agree with that 100%. I personally know eight true Cubs fans. They can tell you who pitched the last no hitter before Zambrano this year. They know who Vince Lloyd was, etc.

I think winning brings out the bandwagoners in every sport. It has for the Patriots. It has for the Celtics. And the Sox. It may just be a northeast thing. Of course, when them and the Yankees take up 75% of SportsCenter, it's easy to jump on the bandwagon.

Very solid point S16.

Now that the Cubs are out, I am for the Rays all the way. As with the Celtics this year in the NBA, nothings sweeter than a crummy team turning into a championship team. However, the Celtics historically were a dominant team, the Rays historically have been one of the worst franchises ever since they came into existence, then bam here they are. Certainly wouldn't mind seeing them win it all.

I'll agree with that 100%. I personally know eight true Cubs fans. They can tell you who pitched the last no hitter before Zambrano this year. They know who Vince Lloyd was, etc.

I think winning brings out the bandwagoners in every sport. It has for the Patriots. It has for the Celtics. And the Sox. It may just be a northeast thing. Of course, when them and the Yankees take up 75% of SportsCenter, it's easy to jump on the bandwagon.

Very solid point S16.

When the Red Sox won, I knew two true fans but all of a sudden after they won several people I know was wearing Red Sox stuff. I would say bandwagon and they would say I have always been a Sox fan. give me a break.

I do know several Cub fans since I am a Cardinal fan and I almost feel bad for them but know if they ever won it people would be claiming to have been cub fans there entire life.

On the ESPN thing. I don't hardly ever watch a game between the Sox/Yanks anymore. Tired of hearing about them and watching them.

You will always have bandwagon fans that is a part of it but it seems when a team that has suffered like the Sox and Cubs more jump on when they do well.

I can honestly say that it doesn't matter at all to me. One scenerio that I would kind of like to see te BoSox win is if the Dodgers win the NL. Then you will have Joe Torre (and not to mention Manny) going against Boston in the WS.

My favorites (Reds and Yankees) are obviously not in it so I will say of the 4 teams remaining that I am pulling for the Dodgers, bc of Joe Torre.