NBC and Olbermann

lynks66

It at least appears that they are trying to become a more credible station. The same can't be said for Fox News :lol:.

I hear the point you are getting at, H20, but the big difference between MSNBC and Fox News, CNN, etc. is that MSNBC was sending two Obama cheerleaders to moderate their "credible" coverage time. It is one thing for Olbermann and Matthews to root for Obama on their TV shows; I have no problem with that. But when it gets to big boy time and you have to report from a convention or at debate, you cannot bring the act with you.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may seem a bit odd to most of you, but I've always felt that political bashing to someone like Rush Limbaugh was a game, more a means of notoriety with an almost mercenary quality to it. Same with most of the so called "experts" on both sides of the issue whether it be Carville or Carson. However, I always sensed something in Oberman's voice that disturbed me. Especially when speaking of Bush, I could hear such a hatred in his speech that reminded me of Cindy Sheehan. It was easy to imagine him spitting as he spoke the words. I know he does not pretend to be neutral, but I think he is off the deep end.

I too have often wondered about his mindset. Sometimes he looks like he's about to have a breakdown.

I hear the point you are getting at, H20, but the big difference between MSNBC and Fox News, CNN, etc. is that MSNBC was sending two Obama cheerleaders to moderate their "credible" coverage time. It is one thing for Olbermann and Matthews to root for Obama on their TV shows; I have no problem with that. But when it gets to big boy time and you have to report from a convention or at debate, you cannot bring the act with you.

Fox News did the same thing with their "subtle remarks" at both conventions. That is why I ignored all TV coverage of the events from either station. No matter where you turned you were going to get a slant depending on what station you were watching.

It is darn near impossible to get a "fair and balanced" report anymore.

Fox News did the same thing with their "subtle remarks" at both conventions. That is why I ignored all TV coverage of the events from either station. No matter where you turned you were going to get a slant depending on what station you were watching.

"Subtle remarks" by Brit Hume of Fox News, Wolf Blitzer on CNN, Katie Couric on CBS, etc. are to be expected on some level. There is a huge difference between these guys running the show and Olbmermann/Matthews running the show.

That is why they created C-SPAN :D

Fair and Balanced (and Boring).

It was really funny watching the Fox News treatment of both conventions. There was a little subtle cheerleading from time to time at the RNC, and I especially love how Fox used the "body language expert" to evaluate the DNC speeches of Bill and Hillary Clinton to discern if they were sincere in their support of Obama. Strangely, in my viewing she was nowhere to be seen in Fox's RNC coverage.

It was really funny watching the Fox News treatment of both conventions. There was a little subtle cheerleading from time to time at the RNC, and I especially love how Fox used the "body language expert" to evaluate the DNC speeches of Bill and Hillary Clinton to discern if they were sincere in their support of Obama. Strangely, in my viewing she was nowhere to be seen in Fox's RNC coverage.

That's a valid point about the body language expert, but why would they have been needed at the RNC? It's been a national story all election season that the Clinton's and Obama weren't exactly friends. I don't think anyone really cared if Mike Huckabee or Mitt Romney were that supportive of McCain, seeing as that race was not very close, while the Dems was dragged out pretty much until the end.

The fact that MSNBC dumped Matthews and Olbermann from their seats at the anchor desk is really the final word on the extreme bias that has infected MSNBC the past few years. NBC really had no choice if it wanted to salvage the reputation of its new division.

Absolutely the right move by NBC. When your task is to report you have to check your feelings. KO simply could not/would not do it.

Let him do his thing on his own show and let the market determine if he's worth keeping.

KO's personality has been and will always be his downfall. He simply does not/cannot handle people that he doesn't respect or agree with.

Absolutely the right move by NBC. When your task is to report you have to check your feelings. KO simply could not/would not do it.

Let him do his thing on his own show and let the market determine if he's worth keeping.

KO's personality has been and will always be his downfall. He simply does not/cannot handle people that he doesn't respect or agree with.

Which is why he has a closet full of golf shirts with the logos of five different networks on them.....

I agree and I also think that KO is too biased to be of much value as a political commentator.

As far as I know (I rarely watch MSNBC), MSNBC does not have any political commentators of the caliber of Carville, Rove, Morris, or Cadell. CNN and FNC seem to already have most of the top political strategists who are not running campaigns under contract. MSNBC desperately need to put together a more professional team.

Which is why he has a closet full of golf shirts with the logos of five different networks on them.....

For some reason this post cracked me up.

You are right, however.

Has KO ever worked for CBS? That would be the only station I could not think of.