NBC and Olbermann

lynks66

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the MSNBC VP, Phil Griffin, who vouched for the impartiality of Olbermann as an anchor is on the hot seat if he has not already been given his walking papers. :lol:

Some heads need to roll at MSNBC if they want to restore some of their credibility.

This may seem a bit odd to most of you, but I've always felt that political bashing to someone like Rush Limbaugh was a game, more a means of notoriety with an almost mercenary quality to it. Same with most of the so called "experts" on both sides of the issue whether it be Carville or Carson. However, I always sensed something in Oberman's voice that disturbed me. Especially when speaking of Bush, I could hear such a hatred in his speech that reminded me of Cindy Sheehan. It was easy to imagine him spitting as he spoke the words. I know he does not pretend to be neutral, but I think he is off the deep end.

The tipping point appears to have come during the GOP convention when Olbermann criticized MSNBC for showing a Sept. 11-themed video prepared by the Republicans.

***You gotta love how free speech really isn't free. Oh well, doesn't really matter, corporate America will win out every time.

Dude can say whatever he wants, but NBC doesn't have to pay him for it.

Did Corporate America have him arrested?

Free speech is a right, but having a job from NBC isn't.

Keep up the stellar contributions, guys.

Yeah, because every single post in this thread has made enormous contributions. If you are going to pick out a couple of posts that you do not deem acceptable for the thread, why don't you choose all of them that do not directly contribute to the topic at hand?

I do not disagree or think anything is wrong with 98's post. But how does it contribute to this thread?

Yeah, because every single post in this thread has made enormous contributions. If you are going to pick out a couple of posts that you do not deem acceptable for the thread, why don't you choose all of them that do not directly contribute to the topic at hand?

I liked mine.

Actually, I wish I had picked a few more. But the fact that I did it now means that I have made a wasted post- if I have anything more, I'll PM you.