Giants 16 Redskins 7

Ugly NFL game both sides. Made McCain appear almost exciting in contrast.

Sometimes you have to win the ugly ones to get where you need to be by week 17. I suppose for the G-men this one qualifies as an ugly one. I'm curious to see Dallas on Sunday, I don't think that NY is at their level.

BTW, even the LBs were going low on Jacobs (smart) but that may be his undoing this season ending up on the IR with a knee or ankle. If not, he's an 1800 yd guy.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugly NFL game both sides. Made McCain appear almost exciting in contrast.

Sometimes you have to win the ugly ones to get where you need to be by week 17. I suppose for the G-men this one qualifies as an ugly one. I'm curious to see Dallas on Sunday, I don't think that NY is at their level.

BTW, even the LBs were going low on Jacobs (smart) but that may be his undoing this season ending up on the IR with a knee or ankle. If not, he's an 1800 yd guy.

Let's not get carried away now...:D

Here's a critique on both teams...

First, the Redskins...they have a lot to improve on offensively. Campbell doesn't look comfortable in the "West Coast" offense and it will probably take some time to get him there. This could be a frustrating season for the 'Skins if the offense doesn't come together quickly. The jury is still out on their defense, IMO.

As for the Giants, their running game looked very good as expected. Eli played solid football, but I'd like to see more. I think this offense, specifically the passing attack is going to have to be more explosive. I think Steve Smith can be a solid threat and a I really like the potential of Sinorice Moss to be a playmaker in the slot. I think those guys, at least one of them, will have to emerge as a legitimate threat as the season progresses, because teams will eventually start to take Plaxico away and force someone else to step up...at least until the Giants prove they have that ability. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to the Giants defense without Strahan and Umenyiora...along with other defections from last season. They looked good last night, but I want to see them play a better offense. I still like their defensive line, but where they will be hurt the most is later in games. Last season, they wore opposing offensive lines down with their rotations and brought big pressure in the 4th quarter. With less depth, will they be able to do that?

I'm only analyzing the Giants more because they're a contender. I don't think the Redskins are. Overall, Giants fans should be pretty happy with their week one performance.

I like Eli Manning and admittedly did not watch the whole game, but while I was watching he threw 4 different balls that should have been picked. He would look sharp for a few plays and then make a bad pass. The Redskins weren't opportunistic at all on defense or offense for that matter.

If you were watching closely you'd know that probably 3 out of those 4 were not totally his fault. I believe Amani Toomer and even Plaxico quit running their routes...otherwise it would have hit them in the chest.