2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phelps sure did look dominate.....I would be more surprised if he didn't win 8 golds then if he did....

What is unfortunate is that even if he wins 6 golds and 2 silvers, some will look at his games as a disappointment, which is simply ridiculous. I really wanna see him win 8 golds, but the logical person in me just doesn't see it happening. One of his biggest competitors in one of his races is only swimming that one race at the Olympics...he will be completely fresh, and as

Baseballguy mentioned, Lochte is dangerous tonight as well.

Our favorite and considered to be the best team in the world in Men's Sand volleyball was upset today in only two sets. They were beat by Latvia who was ranked 23rd out of 24 teams at the games. It's pool play, so they may still be alright, but it just doesn't leave a good feeling.

I haven't watched any of the events on TV but I've been watching more of the obscure events online through NBC's online portal. The sad thing about this is if you select a TV station from either Cincinnati or Lecington, you can't watch the stuff online. I selected one out of Louisville and its working fine for me. I think it was WAVE out of Louisville. For some reason, you have to let the NBC online folks know which cable system you use, then you have to let them know which NBC affiliate you watch.

I know this may sound boring to most but I've been watching the women's team archery competition online. The online stuff doesn't have commentators but I can still here the English speaking public address announcer and that is enough for me.

The funniest thing about what I'm watching right now is that in the women's archery team competition, India is facing China and when the Indians are about to shoot, the Chinese fans try to distract them by either using noise makers or yelling. When the Chinese archers are about to shoot, NOTHING is said. LOL. You gotta love this stuff.

Did anybody else notice that the national anthem during Micheal Phelp's first medal ceremony tonight was messed up, and they stopped it at... "land of the free" :madman:

It messed up in the beginning and once in the middle too. Kinda stinks, but hopefully it will be alright because he will get to hear it many more times throughout the games.