2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to check my facebook, see if I have any friends up in Massachusetts....

In all seriousness though the womens team did recover pretty well despite their struggles.

I still think Kerri Walsh is my favorite :sssh:

I haven't seen that much legs on a spider:D

Tough night for the Women's Gymnastics...but they will be alright.

Sure hope this 4x100 swimming team can bring it home. Should be a tough race, and the French are not being cool, lol.

Ha seriously when was the last time we ever thought the French were "being cool". Grrr I very much dislike the darn Frenchies.

I just watched a 33-year old woman qualify for the medal round in gymnastics. That's madness. That story about her son with cancer makes me want to cheer for her and she's from another country.

Yup, just watched that as well. Awesome story of compassion and another country being able to help out this woman. Crazy how much things have changed in Germany in about 60 years. Hitler, ha I bet this one burns.

Good for Germany!:thumb:

I just watched a 33-year old woman qualify for the medal round in gymnastics. That's madness. That story about her son with cancer makes me want to cheer for her and she's from another country.

That's one of the great things about these games, you get to hear all kinds of amazing stories of athletes/families overcoming adversity. Just awesome stuff.

It's funny how we find ourselves rooting for other country's athletes now that the cold war is over.

It's also funny how many people "hate the US", and yet are cheering for them, or fans of our athletes as well. It's nice when the media can't deny that there isn't as much animosity between country's as they often try to portray.