2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

MJAlltheWay24

Thought I would make a thread to help keep those who were interested updated on how our guys and gals are doing over in China. Coverage is on NBC, MSNBC, and USA...

At halftime of the USA women's basketball first preliminary game they are leading the Czech Republic by 18. They got off to a little bit of a slow start, but then turned up the defense and came on strong. Taurasi is playing phenominal.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At halftime of the USA women's basketball first preliminary game they are leading the Czech Republic by 18. They got off to a little bit of a slow start, but then turned up the defense and came on strong. Taurasi is playing phenominal.

The women closed out the game strong, beating the Czech Republic by 40...96-56.

There are a few games tomorrow morning you may be interested in...

Men's Basketball vs. China @ 10:00am (Should be very interesting as we take on the home country. Definitely won't be the crowd favorite in that one).

Men's Soccer vs. Netherlands @ 7:45am (Our fellas are 1-0 in group play, but another win will do very well for them as the other two teams in their group are currently 0-0-1).

Is anybody else watching Team Handball, I have never actually sat down to watch a game, it looks really fun, and really taxing all at the same time.

It looks like water polo without the water. Why don't they call water polo simply 'polo'. Or water handball?

It looks like water polo without the water. Why don't they call water polo simply 'polo'. Or water handball?

Because Polo is played with horses.

But I think I have found a new favorite sport to keep up with during the Olympics...

Also today...

The women's soccer team got a big win in a must-win game against Japan 1-0. This puts their record so far in the group play at 1-0-1. Their next opponent will be New Zealand.

They should be able to handle New Zealand and advance, IMO. I don't think this team is going to win the gold without Wambach, though.

Is anybody else watching Team Handball, I have never actually sat down to watch a game, it looks really fun, and really taxing all at the same time.

I had to go to work for a little while so I missed it, which upsets me because I love Team Handball...it's an awesome sport.