2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

MJAlltheWay24

You are right Latch...that wasn't from the Men's game tonight...that was from the Women's game the day before. But, even then its still kinda suprising that he would enter the gym that why, kinda cool at the same time though. He's like a God to them.

I think it's great that the whole men's team went to the women's game and vice versa.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you guys know that sport selection for the Olympics is based on global popularity in part. I find that there tends to be a European slant to sport selection, however. In other words, while baseball and softball still enjoy a high status in the western hemisphere (America, Canada, Caribbean) and the far east (Japan and Australia especially), it is not a popular game in Europe and so the IOC looks to replace it.

I love beach volleyball and indoor as well, so I love that they have kept these sports. Badminton also has a high global profile (and a high European profile as well).

I wasn't aware that beach volleyball was played anywhere outside of California or Florida.

It is actually a sport with a big global appeal. Basically, anywhere you find a beach and warm weather, you'll find beach volleyball. When I went to the Caribbean recently, the beaches were full of folks playing. My understanding is that it is HUGE in places like Australia, Brazil, Japan and the Mediterranean.