2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

MJAlltheWay24

Phelps wins the Gold. Sets new World Record.

Definitely an awesome race. I was on the edge of my seat and very happy for the young man.

Politics aside. It's very cool that George Bush is there watching events. Very cool.

And I agree Scribe, I think it's pretty cool how he is out there at all the events supporting our athletes. He's made apperances at Women's Basketball, Swimming, Women's Volleyball, and I am sure he will be at the Men's Basketball game tomorrow morning against China.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a game! To see the USA almost (they should have won the game) but to play at the level they did against the two time U21 World Champs! WOW..... Best game that I have seen Freddy A play......Next game is against Nigeria on Wednesday!

USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA

Wow what a game! To see the USA almost (they should have won the game) but to play at the level they did against the two time U21 World Champs! WOW..... Best game that I have seen Freddy A play......Next game is against Nigeria on Wednesday!

USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA

The USA is in a world of trouble because they will be playing without 2 of their primary players Wednesday. One of them is Adu.

I just looked at the standings and as it currently stands:

USA 4 points

Nigeria 4 points

Netherlands 2 points

Japan eliminated

The problem is that The Netherlands is likely going to beat Japan to give them 5 points. That means the USA must at least tie and then it'll go to a tie-breaker. Had they held on today, they would have already advanced and had a stress-free game Wednesday. It was a good showing against a great team today, but very disappointing to lose in that fashion.

The men's soccer team just blew it by giving up a free kick goal in the 3rd minute of stoppage time. They went from a guaranteed advance to probably going home in the next game.

Tough call by the referee, but the correct call! Like they said on TV, since day one you are taught to jump on that free kick. Very smart play on the part of the Netherlands to keep the ball on the ground, but if someone doesn't jump, the Netherlands coach gets hammered for trying that play with literally no time left in extra time!

If you are not a soccer nut, you really don't understand how big of a game this was for the USA to even be in the position to "as you say" blow this game. No one and I mean no one gave the USA much of a chance to come out of this match with any points at all. Great game by the USA!

Tough call by the referee, but the correct call! Like they said on TV, since day one you are taught to jump on that free kick. Very smart play on the part of the Netherlands to keep the ball on the ground, but if someone doesn't jump, the Netherlands coach gets hammered for trying that play with literally no time left in extra time!

If you are not a soccer nut, you really don't understand how big of a game this was for the USA to even be in the position to "as you say" blow this game. No one and I mean no one gave the USA much of a chance to come out of this match with any points at all. Great game by the USA!

I am a soccer nut and to lose 2 points in the 3rd minute of stoppage time is very disappointing. USA was the better team in the 2nd half of this game. Going into the game, I'm sure everyone would have been satisfied with a draw, but the way the game played out, I can't imagine that anyone on Team USA is satisfied with the result.

Definitely not what my coach always taught us, but whatever, pretty unfortunate for USA to let that one slip in the final minutes.

On a world class level.....you just don't stand still, you have got to help take the upper half of the goal away at that close of a distance. To these players, it's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.