Sleeper teams this year?

beleiveinblue54

Wisconsin and South Florida

You really think USF can duplicate last years success now that everyone has their eyes on them?

I mean it wouldn't suprise me if they had a great season, however, I think the chances of them doing what they done last year are much thinner being now they won't be getting over looked by anyone.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think USF can duplicate last years success now that everyone has their eyes on them?

I mean it wouldn't suprise me if they had a great season, however, I think the chances of them doing what they done last year are much thinner being now they won't be getting over looked by anyone.

USF was ranked after the second game of the season. You could make the argument that Auburn overlooked them, but other than that no one had any excuse. They had beaten every Big East team at least once (in two years in the league) prior to last season, they had much more respect in conference than nationally.

USF has team speed equal to anyone in the nation. They aren't just winners, they have top 25 talent.

The two significant OOC games they have are vs Kansas and @NCSt. I think they handle both those teams but the conference might get dicey.

USF was ranked after the second game of the season. You could make the argument that Auburn overlooked them, but other than that no one had any excuse. They had beaten every Big East team at least once (in two years in the league) prior to last season, they had much more respect in conference than nationally.

USF has team speed equal to anyone in the nation. They aren't just winners, they have top 25 talent.

The two significant OOC games they have are vs Kansas and @NCSt. I think they handle both those teams but the conference might get dicey.

My point exactly, although I may not have worded it good for the point I was trying to make. I was practically saying they were too good to be a sleeper team and that because of that no one will overlook them at all being that everyone expects them to be good and to contend anyway.

Clemson

Clemson has a lot of expectations going into this season I believe, they could qualify as a sleeper though. Va. Tech imo will be a sleeper as well, you can bet that F. Beamer will have defense and special teams, that alone will keep you in games and give you a chance to beat anyone.

Michigan State is now very well coached and Dantoni is heading into his 2nd year. The Spartans are not going to win the Big 10 imo but they could pull off an upset or two that could determne who does.

Cincinnati imo might also make some noise in the Big East.

Clemson has a lot of expectations going into this season I believe, they could qualify as a sleeper though. Va. Tech imo will be a sleeper as well, you can bet that F. Beamer will have defense and special teams, that alone will keep you in games and give you a chance to beat anyone.

Michigan State is now very well coached and Dantoni is heading into his 2nd year. The Spartans are not going to win the Big 10 imo but they could pull off an upset or two that could determne who does.

Cincinnati imo might also make some noise in the Big East.

I agree.

UC and WVU are the only really tough road games they have. IMO at worst they go 5-1 at home and 4-2 on the road. Personally I think they'll win 10.

Whats a good season in your eyes? Ha anything would be good compared to last year for the Irish.

That's true, but look at their schedule. I don't see them beating Michigan, Michigan State, Pitt, Washington, and USC. They could win 6 games, which is a big improvement, but I don't see them being a sleeper.

That's true, but look at their schedule. I don't see them beating Michigan, Michigan State, Pitt, Washington, and USC. They could win 6 games, which is a big improvement, but I don't see them being a sleeper.

I see them beating either Pitt or Washington if not both. Also I will tell you all about the Michigan game when they upset the men in blue and maize because I will be there!:thumb:

I see them beating either Pitt or Washington if not both. Also I will tell you all about the Michigan game when they upset the men in blue and maize because I will be there!:thumb:

I don't see them beating Pitt, and I highly doubt them upsetting Michigan :thumb:

I don't see them beating Pitt, and I highly doubt them upsetting Michigan :thumb:

I think they are more promising this year. Clausen has a year under his belt and spent an entire off-season HEALTHY and working with Weis. Clausen also bulked up in the winter if you saw the spring game. The line is expirenced and has improved a lot.

Michigan losses Henne and Hart. Who is going to run that spread offense? Plus the game is the second week of the season in South Bend, pretty tough enviroment for a young OB...:thumb: