What Word(s) Best Describes Each Presidential Candidate?

McCain - Temper

Obama - Scary

I was kinda surprised that temper wasn't among some of the top responses for McCain.

Certainly, the right-wing scare machine has made some inroads in painting Obama as someone to be feared. I believe viewing Obama as a boogeyman is without basis.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kinda surprised that temper wasn't among some of the top responses for McCain.

Certainly, the right-wing scare machine has made some inroads in painting Obama as someone to be feared. I believe viewing Obama as a boogeyman is without basis.

But I'm not listening to any right-wing scare machine - I'm listening to RK's gut and my gut tells me that something just isn't right with this man and therefore, he scares me.

But I'm not listening to any right-wing scare machine - I'm listening to RK's gut and my gut tells me that something just isn't right with this man and therefore, he scares me.

Have you been able to discern, to any degree, what it might be that concerns you about BHO? Mom is kind of the same way, but she can't really give me an answer. Surely you don't think he means to do harm to the country. I know mom doesn't trust him for some reason. I still think some of it has to do with the loss of her beloved Hillary. I still hope to convince her to vote Democratic in the fall. I think I'll win her over. In the meantime, if you can determine what it is that just isn't right about Barack, please let me know before Nov. I'll trust your gut before I would GWB's because his gut feelings have ruined us.

Have you been able to discern, to any degree, what it might be that concerns you about BHO? Mom is kind of the same way, but she can't really give me an answer. Surely you don't think he means to do harm to the country. I know mom doesn't trust him for some reason. I still think some of it has to do with the loss of her beloved Hillary. I still hope to convince her to vote Democratic in the fall. I think I'll win her over. In the meantime, if you can determine what it is that just isn't right about Barack, please let me know before Nov. I'll trust your gut before I would GWB's because his gut feelings have ruined us.

I made this statement when the nation elected "W" - "we will be at war within 6 months of him entering the white house." I don't know why I knew that but my gut just told me this.

Why do I feel like I do about Obama? First off - it has nothing to do with Hillary. Yes, I wanted Hillary to win the nomination but she's a big girl and she understands that it wasn't her time.

Obama is smart, he's worked hard to get to where he's at now, if it wasn't for his ears he'd be a good looking kid:D but there is something about him that just gives me the willies. Do I know what it is, yes, but am I willling to say it right now, no. Perhaps I will be more comfortable in what I feel later but right now I'm not.

I opened up a copy of MrRk's Time magazine a few month ago and there was this picture of Obama and his wife right after they knew they had the nomination wrapped up. The look in their eyes and the look on their faces just gave me the chills and not in a good way.

[/b]

:lol:

You and about 1 in 5 of those polled.

It is, however, all jokes aside, a problem for him.

It shouldn't be. I'd much rather have someone experienced than a complete rookie and Obama is a rookie in every sense of the word.

It shouldn't be. I'd much rather have someone experienced than a complete rookie and Obama is a rookie in every sense of the word.

From a voter's perspective, his age certainly can be a negative. That's why his Veep choice is more important than most have been.

Experience can certainly be seen as a positive, but also as a negative(Washingington insider, etc...).