What Word(s) Best Describes Each Presidential Candidate?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it, then, that two mediocre ,or less, candidates can be vying for the most powerful office in the world? Is our system flawed? How should we change the way we pick our presidents?

I don't necessarily like our nominating system. Personally I feel like the American people are far too ignorant of the numerous party candidates to be able to make an informed nomination. I don't think I would be opposed to allowing the party's themselves name their candidates, and eliminate the primaries all together. Now try and find someone who agrees with me on that. :D

Run to state-

Is being a rookie such a bad thing? I look at McCain and I see experience (good)…..and the "Great Power Politics" that are the hallmark of his generation (very bad). While I don’t refute the fact that McCain is a leader, I just don’t think it makes him the obvious choice. Agree to disagree, I guess.

Obama=Fresh

McCain=Experience

Run to state-

Is being a rookie such a bad thing? I look at McCain and I see experience (good)…..and the "Great Power Politics" that are the hallmark of his generation (very bad). While I don’t refute the fact that McCain is a leader, I just don’t think it makes him the obvious choice. Agree to disagree, I guess.

Obama=Fresh

McCain=Experience

For the most powerful office in the world? Heck YES!!!! Can you honestly say you have any faith in him based on his voting record?

Run to state-

Obama=Fresh

McCain=Experience

If I may ask, why do you feel Obama is any different than the typical politician? Surely, it can't be because he says he is...

Oh come on…its not like Obama is a 12 year old kid off the street. The term “rookie” is being applied rather loosely. An American President has a litany of staffers to aid in decision-making. I like the fact that he has vowed to open dialogue with countries we have chosen to ignore.

Does McCain’s military experience guarantee him success? As an officer in the US Army, I can unequivocally say “no”. Being an O-6 does not unlock a special knack for being President. McCain is a great American, no doubt, but I have yet to make up my mind about him. I never said I was voting for Obama.

And UKMustangFan-

Yes, I believe him, just as I believe all things I find on the Internet and Wikipedia. They would never lie to me.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Oh come on…its not like Obama is a 12 year old kid off the street. The term “rookie” is being applied rather loosely. An American President has a litany of staffers to aid in decision-making. I like the fact that he has vowed to open dialogue with countries we have chosen to ignore.

Does McCain’s military experience guarantee him success? As an officer in the US Army, I can unequivocally say “no”. Being an O-6 does not unlock a special knack for being President. McCain is a great American, no doubt, but I have yet to make up my mind about him. I never said I was voting for Obama.

Good points.