JaJuan Spillman arrested.....NO, not a joke...

RockPride

Arrested at 12:08 this morning, charged with DUI, marijuana posession, carrying concealed weapon, and no insurance......

I have to throw my hands up at this, I simply just can not understand. The character of the bulk of Petrino's recruits has me so perplexed.......man, this stings, he just got a slap on the wrist a few weeks ago.

In all honesty one can not really blame any individual coach. This type of behavior is becoming all to common in today's sports world.

It is a sad story and one I hate to hear about no matter what school or individual is involved.

University of Louisville junior wide receiver JaJuan Spillman, who was suspended last year after an arrest for DUI and marijuana possession, was arrested again early this morning on similar charges.

Spillman, 21, was arrested at 12:08 a.m. today and charged with driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, carrying a concealed weapon and having no insurance, according to court records.

Louisville Metro Police spokesman Phil Russell said that Spillman was stopped because he didn’t have his license plate illuminated. According to an arrest slip, he took some time to pull over and smelled of marijuana, Russell said.

Spillman failed a field sobriety test and admitted he had marijuana in his possession, Russell said. Police found a marijuana cigarette in the car and a .25-caliber pistol with one round in the chamber, Russell said.

On Jan. 31, 2007, Spillman was arrested following a car accident near campus. According to the police report, Spillman and a passenger admitted to police that they had been smoking in the car.

Officers found 9.3 grams of marijuana in the car, according to the report.

Last month, Spillman had the DUI charge dropped, mostly because police couldn’t prove he had been smoking marijuana right before the car accident.

But he pleaded guilty to marijuana possession, was ordered to pay a $100 fine and attend drug counseling.

U of L officials said Spillman was disciplined internally after the arrest. He was suspended for the season after the North Carolina State game, in which he was spotted arguing with coaches on the sideline.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080703/SPORTS02/80703033

I am sad to see this. I am a UK fan but I followed Spillman's B-ball career at PRP and wanted to see him do well. Not a smart decision by the young man. I will people a pass on some things but I am not a fan of drinking and driving. Someone could be hurt or killed.

This is sad. Something has to be done about this because he is not learning his lesson. I would like to see him get to play football again. I don't know how it would work, but I think he atleast needs a redshirt year if he doesn't have to go to jail or what have you. But it seems something pretty big has to happen for him to learn his lesson, and I hope he does.

There's roughly a -27% chance that he'll ever play football again for the University of Louisville. Spillman is the ONLY kid Krag ever let off the hook, and he's not going to get another chance.

I just saw this on the news a little while ago. This kid obviously has problems, I hope that he can get the help that he needs. Right now he is no good to anyone, most importantly no good to himself. He has disrespected himself, his teammates, his coach, and his school. Like I said, I hope that he can get his life straightedned out and not become a lifetime thug. Here is a link that I found on this.....

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080703/SPORTS02/80703033/1002/SPORTS