JaJuan Spillman arrested.....NO, not a joke...

RockPride

You can only bend over backwards for someone so long until it starts breaking your back. I don't nor never will understand why some kids can have the world handed to them and can't get over themselves enough to take advantage of it.

:thumb: Great Post UK Rise (and by the way, welcome to BGP)!!

I know that I have seen plenty of kids with all the heart and desire in the world and just not enough talent for that level only to see/read stories like this guy's :madman:. Makes a person sick!

Maybe Spillman will soon be a 1st round draft choice of the cell block "social club"..:eek:.:sssh:

(Where is a puke icon/smiley when we need it on here :D.)

(and yes, U.K. will rise again, ;))

You can only bend over backwards for someone so long until it starts breaking your back. I don't nor never will understand why some kids can have the world handed to them and can't get over themselves enough to take advantage of it.

I think you have hit upon the problem in athletics where we see this over and over. It is called enabling NOT helping a kid out.

Arrested at 12:08 this morning, charged with DUI, marijuana posession, carrying concealed weapon, and no insurance......

I have to throw my hands up at this, I simply just can not understand. The character of the bulk of Petrino's recruits has me so perplexed.......man, this stings, he just got a slap on the wrist a few weeks ago.

Now this is a real shocker! :rolleyes:

By the way RP I am actually here in Arkansas for a few days. My friend's neighborhood is full of razorback fans. While at a dinner last night we started talking football. They have all jumped on "Bobby's Bandwagon"

All I could tell them is don't hold your breathe! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seems some of Coach P's players here are having some authority issues!!! Shocker I know.

Wow... it was funny for a while to be a UK fan and see all this happen to UL... now its just sad....

The worst part is that this kid was given the second chance and he learns NOTHING! Jajuan.... enjoy your time living paycheck to paycheck for the rest of your life.

I really can't take much more of this.

If the problems are there, I can take it so long as these people are OUT. I honestly would rather UofL have a losing season than have this kind of example on the team.

On a personal note, I'm still reeling from Jujuan's TD against Manual when he was a freshman that kept us from round 2 of the 2001 playoffs, plus I've never heard anything good about him off the field, so um... have fun bagging groceries in PRP, Spillman!

For his sake, I hope there will be no anti-UL fans on his jury.

Maybe that is exactly what this kid needs. Seems to me that he has been "babied" or given preferential treatment for far too long as it is.

I would also think or certainly hope that there would be a number of U.L. fans that would want to "send him up" rather than "send another message" that obviously didn't work before.

Louisville WR Spillman dismissed from team

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville wide receiver JaJuan Spillman has been dismissed from the team following his second arrest in 18 months.

Coach Steve Kragthorpe announced the dismissal Sunday, three days after Spillman was arrested on charges of driving under the influence, carrying a concealed weapon and having no insurance.

Kragthorpe said Spillman will not have an opportunity to return to the program.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10888909

Arrested at 12:08 this morning, charged with DUI, marijuana posession, carrying concealed weapon, and no insurance......

I have to throw my hands up at this, I simply just can not understand. The character of the bulk of Petrino's recruits has me so perplexed.......man, this stings, he just got a slap on the wrist a few weeks ago.

Obviously, this is a run of bad luck for UL.

It lends somewhat to the credence that this success recently has been built in sand.

Is this really a Petrino issue? Petrino's kids for the most part did not get into too much trouble or at least it didn't hit the press when he was there...now all of a sudden it has been fairly consistent.

Could it be a Kragthorpe issue? Kids not respecting Kragthorpe and continuing to get into trouble.

^ I don't think it's a Kragthorpe issue per se. Mainly because I don't think you will see these type of character issues in the future with the kids that Krags brings in. JaJuan has had problems since I ever heard his name, I thought his last "last" chance would've tought him to shape up. No dice.