Adam Dunn to the Dodgers?

LRCW

Would you do this deal?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do this deal?

That's my point, that's a very mediocre OBP for a leadoff hitter. It's worse than Freel's and signifigantly less than Keppinger's and Hairston's. He's also been either 1st or 2nd in the league in Caught Stealing since 2003. The stolen bases aren't worth it. He'd be another one dimensional player--that's something the Reds franchise has had too much of the last several years.

Well, they gotta get what they can. I'm not a Pierre-lover or anything, but I have longed for the Reds to have a legit leadoff guy for, well, ever. And I don't dislike Dunn as much as others on here, but I can't help but agree with Daugherty a little that a change of scenery could do him and the Reds some good.

If a better leadoff guy can be had, I'd like to see the Reds do what it takes to get him. I really think that's the missing link for them to be a contender.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rambler, 5wide was a little confused. Hu isn't a reliever he's a shortstop/second baseman who has hit .159 in 107 at bats this season.

Oops! thats my fault.:lol:. That would make my decision tougher but I would probably still do it anyway though. Not that I am against Dunn, just that imo the Reds need a true leadoff hitter, I think that Pierre would fit that.

Nobody's talking about trading him for Jr. He'll still be a better bargain than Dunn at $3-4 mil less per year.

Let's not be crazy. There's a difference in costing less and being a bargin. Neither one trick pony is a bargin. The Reds would be better off with the compensatory draft choices and the extra money to add pitching than to get tied to Pierre's contract through 2011.

Trading Dunn for the sake of trading him is not worth it.

I agree that we'd be better off losing Dunn to free agency and using the extra money (and the two draft picks) to gather more talent in Cincinnati and in the farm system.

I would love to see Adam Dunn remain a Cincinnati Red. He has power - the type that only a few players in MLB have. I'm still holding out hope that he'll one day be able to hit for average. And, if he can do that, he'll be one of the most dangerous hitters in all of baseball.

With that said, I think that longer that his future in Cincy remains uncertain, the more likely it is that he'll get traded or become a free agent. I just hope that we don't give him away or make any trades that would put us in an equally bad financial situation (like the one proposed in this thread).

I agree that we'd be better off losing Dunn to free agency and using the extra money (and the two draft picks) to gather more talent in Cincinnati and in the farm system.

I would love to see Adam Dunn remain a Cincinnati Red. He has power - the type that only a few players in MLB have. I'm still holding out hope that he'll one day be able to hit for average. And, if he can do that, he'll be one of the most dangerous hitters in all of baseball.

With that said, I think that longer that his future in Cincy remains uncertain, the more likely it is that he'll get traded or become a free agent. I just hope that we don't give him away or make any trades that would put us in an equally bad financial situation (like the one proposed in this thread).

Dunn is what he is, as S3 said in another thread. If he was ever going to become a decent average hitter, it would've happened by now.

Nobody's talking about trading him for Jr. He'll still be a better bargain than Dunn at $3-4 mil less per year.

No im just saying... Juan Pierre... 8 million a year? That's not as bad as the Zito deal but I think they well over paid. JMO though.

Hope? Dunn's been in the league since 2000. His best season was in '04. And you hope he's going to get better? Well I "hope" someone hands me a million dollars today. Probability about the same.