At the pool today...

letabrotherspeak

Enjoyed a day at the Florence Aquatic Center with the family...

Just getting my random on...

Side random note from my random notes...do we need to start a GYERO thread on here? Get Your Everlovin Random On, which was made popular by a UK message board...people just post random things on one thread, videos, links etc....whaddauthink?

I wish I had a nickel for every hideous tattoo I saw. What sense does it make to get a tattoo of words or names if you can't read it?

Im tattoo free..yea me.

I wanted to hold up a poster that read:

"Hey Ladies, Kim Jong-Il stole your sunglasses"

Love the new aerosol sunscreen, but doesn't last nearly as long as the lotion..

Finished Dixieland Delight, by Clay Travis.

Travis writes for CBS Sportsline and if you like Sportsguy Bill Simmons, you will like Travis.

The book covers 13 visits to every SEC stadium, SEC Championship...quick funny read. The travels took place during the 06 season.

There are some things from the book that apparantly have caught on that rival fans like to use against other fans...such as LSU fans smell like "corn dogs"....

Gainesville is the capital of "jorts".

Much much more..

Started 'Cane Mutiny, by Bruce Feldman, which came out in 05, I believe. Documents the rise of Miami Hurricane Football. From the ashes of almost being dropped to their renegade image. Very very good read, thus far.

Tattoos, like the people who have them get old. The color fades and the lettering gets blury. Mine have done that, but they're 30 years old.

That;s when you get them re-done or covered with a fresh one. That way, you keep them looking good. I have had 3 covered up so far.

^Random..."Tim Tebow wears Jorts!" lmao....An awesome sign I saw on T.V. when the UK/Florida football game was going on & GameDay came to lex.

The UK fans came to play that day when it came to clever signs.

I am not worried about enhancing myself with my ink. I get them for me and no one else. They are not a form of expressing myself to others or so I can "fit in". I have 15 so far, with many more to come. For me, they are my therepy.

Interesting take. You label yourself for the world to see, then tell the world not to look, as it's for your own therapy? I'd suggest that you try keeping a journal. I've heard it's a great form of expression, and self therapy, and the rest of the world will never see it unless you so wish.

My point with the enhancement thing was simple; I've never seen a tattoo that I thought looked good on anyone. The body wasn't meant to be a billboard, or we would shed our skin every five years and get to start over.

But, you can certainly do whatever you choose, that is your right. Personally, I think there are better forms of self-expression, that's my take.

Interesting take. You label yourself for the world to see, then tell the world not to look, as it's for your own therapy? I'd suggest that you try keeping a journal. I've heard it's a great form of expression, and self therapy, and the rest of the world will never see it unless you so wish.

My point with the enhancement thing was simple; I've never seen a tattoo that I thought looked good on anyone. The body wasn't meant to be a billboard, or we would shed our skin every five years and get to start over.

But, you can certainly do whatever you choose, that is your right. Personally, I think there are better forms of self-expression, that's my take.

The thing is, no one knows I even have ink, unless I show them. Jeans and a t-shirt cover all of them up, so they aren't out there for the world to see. And yes, it is therapy for me. I enjoy the feeling of getting a tat, the smell of the green soap they use, and the sound of the gun. It relaxes me.

As for a journal, I am a writer. My therepy in my writing would be my songs.

But, like I said, the ink is for me. Each piece I have put on me has meaning to me. I don't get just anything put on me. I make sure that what is on me is something that I will be willing to carry with me for the rest of my life. Each time I look at my tats, I am reminded of what they represent.