Louisville voted America's most livable city

rockmom

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Louisville, and to be honest it has been my least favorite place I have lived so far. No one thing really stands out to cause me to feel this way, I think it had more to do with the fact I didn't really enjoy my work and the fact I had a bad experience with my apartment complex. It probably also has to directly correlate with the University of Louisville and all their fans as well.

I lived off Hurstbourne, I got to experience the city's Night Life, I went to numerous events, I just simply didn't like it.

One definate time though that there is no place else I'd rather be then Louisville is Derby Week.... man, that is a fun week!

I lived in Louisville, and to be honest it has been my least favorite place I have lived so far. No one thing really stands out to cause me to feel this way, I think it had more to do with the fact I didn't really enjoy my work and the fact I had a bad experience with my apartment complex. It probably also has to directly correlate with the University of Louisville and all their fans as well.

I lived off Hurstbourne, I got to experience the city's Night Life, I went to numerous events, I just simply didn't like it.

One definate time though that there is no place else I'd rather be then Louisville is Derby Week.... man, that is a fun week!

You couldn't pay me to live anywhere off of Hurstbourne. The traffic is unbearable to me and besides many of the restaurants it's location is very out of the way for the things I like to do in Louisville.

You couldn't pay me to live anywhere off of Hurstbourne. The traffic is unbearable to me and besides many of the restaurants it's location is very out of the way for the things I like to do in Louisville.

I have lived there and I agree it is pretty bad. St. Matthews or the Highlands are great places to really learn Louisville.

I have lived there and I agree it is pretty bad. St. Matthews or the Highlands are great places to really learn Louisville.

I have lived in both places (currently living in one), and they are by far my two favorite places in Louisville. The Highlands are definitely at the top of my list.

I lived most of my life in Fisherville (everything happened in Louisville, my home just happened to be in Fisherville), but I've also lived on the corner of Hurstbourne and Shelbyville rd. (I didn't think it was a bad location, personally), Lyndon (great location, questionable population), and currently reside in Crescent Hill (again, great location, and while my apartment is near the bad part of town, nothing bad has happened to me or my roommate, and the nice part is very nice).

Oh yeah, I also lived on campus at UofL... definitely not as good as an apartment.

I live in the Highlands now. In my lifetime I have lived:

South End-Churchill Downs area-OK 30 years ago....

Clifton Area twice-not too bad, but some areas not so good...but very convenient.

Buechel-Hated it.

Valley Station-Hated it.

UL/Crittenden Drive/Germantown area....OK

Old Louisville...loved it, but I only lived a block from a shady area, and it wasn't as "cool" as it is now.

St. Matthews...hated it because I lived right by the mall...quellle nightmare!

Hikes Point. OK, but could be inconvenient for me.

Highlands-Love it! Love it! Love it! It's the most convenient area I've ever lived. It's also has the highest "quality of life" ratio I've ever enjoyed.

All in all, I LOVE LOUISVILLE! :D

But, you couldn't pay me to live in the Hurstbourne Lane area. I used to work out there, and it is a real nightmare in so many ways.

Edited by rockmom