Tim Hudson is a sore loser

How about these post game quotes?

"We faced a guy who can't stop backing up third base when he's facing other teams, and then he goes out there and has a no-hitter into the sixth against us," Hudson said.

And what does he think of Jay Bruce: The righty quipped, "I saw Ted Williams up there in every at-bat of every series. Is that what you want me to say?"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about these post game quotes?

"We faced a guy who can't stop backing up third base when he's facing other teams, and then he goes out there and has a no-hitter into the sixth against us," Hudson said.

And what does he think of Jay Bruce: The righty quipped, "I saw Ted Williams up there in every at-bat of every series. Is that what you want me to say?"

Timmy, take it like a man. Belt high fastballs won't cut it. Bless your heart.

^ It cut it against a lot better teams...

In all honesty I see nothing really wrong with what he said.

With the Jay Bruce comment, I mean really he's been up here a week and pitchers haven't adjusted. He may very well be the next Ted Williams, but I don't understand why pitchers are supposed to feel like they have to credit the other hitters, fine if they do, fine if they don't.

Braves are hurting right now, so I'd say most of it is frustration.

With the Jay Bruce comment, I mean really he's been up here a week and pitchers haven't adjusted. He may very well be the next Ted Williams, but I don't understand why pitchers are supposed to feel like they have to credit the other hitters, fine if they do, fine if they don't.

Sv, part of being a professional is having the cahones to pull out one of the standard quotes like "Hey they were the better team today, I left some pitches over the plate and they capitalized, we swept them at home and they returned the favor, we simply need to play better". As for Bruce, I don't have a problem with his quote. However, if Bruce had the attitude Hudson had, his retort would be, "Heck, if I faced him everyday, I'd be better than Williams.":sssh:

He's just jealous that when he was 22 he was still struggling in AA ball. :D:D

Sv, part of being a professional is having the cahones to pull out one of the standard quotes like "Hey they were the better team today, I left some pitches over the plate and they capitalized, we swept them at home and they returned the favor, we simply need to play better". As for Bruce, I don't have a problem with his quote. However, if Bruce had the attitude Hudson had, his retort would be, "Heck, if I faced him everyday, I'd be better than Williams.":sssh:

See, that's just it, the quoted part is a cliche, non-emotional, no heart statement that a lot of pitchers make. I'd rather a pitcher be honest and believe that he should have dominated that team, then say a cliche statement that he doesn't believe.

See, that's just it, the quoted part is a cliche, non-emotional, no heart statement that a lot of pitchers make. I'd rather a pitcher be honest and believe that he should have dominated that team, then say a cliche statement that he doesn't believe.

Yeah, calling out opposing players is what you want. Okay.:rolleyes: Nowhere did his comments say that they should have dominated, instead of him talking about his shortcomings, he whines about an opponent having a banner day instead of "constantly backing up 3rd.'

When that stuff turns around to bite him maybe you'll sing a different tune. Call it what you may, but his comments were classless.

If this is a continued pattern or just another example of him spouting off, than it is a problem.

If this is a first time occurrence, chalk it up to frustration overwhelming better judgement.

From what I've read from Hudson over the past is that this is not something that happens very often or even often at all. Like I said the Braves are struggling on the road so I expect him to be frustrated.

He needs to get some media lessons from Crash Davis.

Crash Davis: It's time to work on your interviews.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: My interviews? What do I gotta do?

Crash Davis: You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: "We gotta play it one day at a time."

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Got to play... it's pretty boring.

Crash Davis: 'Course it's boring, that's the point. Write it down.

So a MLB pitcher called out another MLB pitcher saying essentially that he can't pitch and got lucky.

We'll see what Dusty and the Redlegs are made of and how far they'll go to bat for a defamed teammate. Tim Hudson is lucky I'm not the Reds manager should we face each other again.

So a MLB pitcher called out another MLB pitcher saying essentially that he can't pitch and got lucky.

We'll see what Dusty and the Redlegs are made of and how far they'll go to bat for a defamed teammate. Tim Hudson is lucky I'm not the Reds manager should we face each other again.

What has Cueto done to earn respect from veteran pitchers? He hasn't even been in the league for a full season yet.

Why does Hudson have to feel obligated to say something he doesn't believe?

He isn't the first pitcher to call out another pitcher and he won't be the last, it's a part of baseball.

I believe we have the Atlanta colored glasses on. Or possibly been the product of an errant chop. Either way I will agree with the others, he should have taken the loss with grace. I doubt we'd have heard the same from Mr. Glavine.:sssh:

What has Cueto done to earn respect from veteran pitchers? He hasn't even been in the league for a full season yet.

Why does Hudson have to feel obligated to say something he doesn't believe?

He isn't the first pitcher to call out another pitcher and he won't be the last, it's a part of baseball.

Why the need to say anything about Cueto at all?

And I don't here of to many pitchers calling out other pitchers, can you give some examples?