Tim Hudson is a sore loser

It may very well be, but it wasn't by crying when they lost.

IMO, I think he realized his team has not been playing well and he was trying to fire them up becuase he is a team leader. Now if Chris Respo came out and said this, then I think it would be different, and would be crying.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts:

-I wish Hudson would have expressed his frustration in a different manner, but I can at least appreciate somewhat that he speaks his mind. I have grown very, VERY tired of stock answers in sports. Everyone walks on eggshells these days and doesn't want to say anything for fear of bulletin board material or whatever. Hudson was clearly upset about the loss and spoke his mind. That's not to say that it wasn't stupid of him to take a cheap shot at someone that just beat him.

-If the tables were turned and it were a Red that did something like this, I think some of the posters in this thread would fall over themselves to defend that player. Of course, given the nature of some of the Reds fans on here, it's possible that they'd have turned on him like a pack of ravenous wolves as well.....

What has Cueto done to earn respect from veteran pitchers? He hasn't even been in the league for a full season yet.

Why does Hudson have to feel obligated to say something he doesn't believe?

He isn't the first pitcher to call out another pitcher and he won't be the last, it's a part of baseball.

He can believe whatever the heck he wants. He can believe it when his earhole gets plugged.

I'm sorry Sv, but I couldn't resist bringing this one up right before the opener last week.

SvFan4life

All World

image.php?u=9896&dateline=1208272289

im_icq.gif

icon1.gif

^ Is that a minor league team playing for the Reds today? fire.gif

His first outing it was into the 7th I believe. Last night he went through 5 innings not 7.

Hudson is a lot better pitcher than Cueto. The Reds were good yesterday but Hudson is far better.

The kid is 21 years old, I would certainly hope so. Kinda like sayin, Micky Mantle is better than Jay Bruce.

I'm glad I'm not in the minority on this one or being considered a "homer" because it's Hudson.

You still are...well you and some cards fan.:rolleyes: And as far as wanting to get his team fired up...Are you kiidin CN? They probably don't even know he said anything.

If this is a continued pattern or just another example of him spouting off, than it is a problem.

If this is a first time occurrence, chalk it up to frustration overwhelming better judgement.

I agree with SV, its part of baseball.

Not a fan of airing locker rooms comments, in the media. This is what happens, when a reporter asks a question of the opposing team. I'm guessing Hudson, would like to re-word but nothing alarming.

Sore loser, I don't think so but more like frustrated.

If Harang had made the same comments about Ian Snell, there wouldn't even be a thread on this. There's nothing to see here. Please disperse.

nakedgun.gif

Why does a professional athlete, get interviewed about an opposing team and is expected to be gracious. Hudson wants to win and that is why he's getting paid for.

Gracious and humble, will get you unemployed.

Don't forget, he also left the game because of an injury, which added to the frustration of the loss. Are Reds fans upset because of what he said or upset because he's right?

You still are...well you and some cards fan.:rolleyes: And as far as wanting to get his team fired up...Are you kiidin CN? They probably don't even know he said anything.

It's a little more than just me and some Cards fan.

The kid is 21 years old, I would certainly hope so. Kinda like sayin, Micky Mantle is better than Jay Bruce.

Fact of the matter is Hudson doesn't have to give congrats to another pitcher if he doesn't want too, especially if that pitcher is a 21 year old pitcher who has been inconsistent thus far, and has yet to even pitch one full season.

He was a sore loser yesterday, and probably wishes he could take that comment back, I hope. The bottom line is, they got swept, and aren't playing as well as the Reds right now. It's over for these two Teams for 2008, let's move on.

Because it's always fair to compare the populations of the Reds fanbase with others on a site that is predominantly populated with NKY posters. This is an instance of a Braves pitcher taking a shot at a Reds pitcher. Color me shocked that the Reds fans are against the Brave pitcher.

Because it's always fair to compare the populations of the Reds fanbase with others on a site that is predominantly populated with NKY posters. This is an instance of a Braves pitcher taking a shot at a Reds pitcher. Color me shocked that the Reds fans are against the Brave pitcher.

:thumb: As we should be.