UK showing interest in SG Roburt Sallie

GO CATS

I heard that UK is interested in SG Roburt Sallie who wasn't cleared to play at Nebraska due to a technical error of some sort but is eligible this season outside the Big 12. Someone who works in the AD dept. at UK tells me Doc Sadler the Nebraska coach(yes the Doc Sadler that Gillispie took to the derby) has called coach G on Roburt's behalf to see if we had interest. It is a unique situation where Doc was loyal to Roburt and Roburt was loyal to Nebraska and Doc wants the very best for this kid and what has happened to him at NU should not have happened.

From what I hear a visit will be coming soon by Sallie and yes he can play next year and yes his grades are just fine. Does anybody else have any infor on this guy?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty solid JUCO talent that, at the end of the day, was going to Nebraska. For perspective, what would be their thoughts on an actual stud in the top 50 FROSH range? His game reminds me of Nick Williams that played for UC a few years back. Williams had a good career at UC, but nothing spectacular. At Nebraska.............

The guy picked Nebraska over Kansas and Memphis!

In 2005 he originally committed to Washington but didn't make the grade. Then Nebraska in 2006 after a prep year and didn't make the grade again. JUCO last year and once again qualification issues.

"Nebraska is the perfect spot for me to showcase my abilities not only on the college, but also the next level."

Not a bright kid... ;)

In 2005 he originally committed to Washington but didn't make the grade. Then Nebraska in 2006 after a prep year and didn't make the grade again. JUCO last year and once again qualification issues.

"Nebraska is the perfect spot for me to showcase my abilities not only on the college, but also the next level."

Not a bright kid... ;)

Thats my understanding, I hear he was the California JUCO player of the year. What percent chance do you think he ends up at UK. My guess is very slim.

I've seen this kid several times and he is the real deal. Very good with the ball. His grades, etc. were all in order to go to Nebraska, but a Big 12 rule prohibited it. He is better than Legion and would be essentially taking his spot, and only for two years.

I'd take this kid.

I've seen this kid several times and he is the real deal. Very good with the ball. His grades, etc. were all in order to go to Nebraska, but a Big 12 rule prohibited it. He is better than Legion and would be essentially taking his spot, and only for two years.

I'd take this kid.

Better than Legion?? He is a juco, that settled on Nebraska. Seems like a stretch.....

I watched him several times with his juco team play in Missouri.

Cool. I was just wondering how long ago you had seen him.

But you have to admit. This many grade issues popping up has to be concerning...

Cool. I was just wondering how long ago you had seen him.

But you have to admit. This many grade issues popping up has to be concerning...

This last issue isn't really about grades. It has something to do with the way he enrolled into the school. He took a chance by doing some classes at Nebraska this year to finish them out, and he did, but by Big 12 Rule 6.2 (I think) it prohibited him from doing that and now he can't play at any Big 12 school. If he would have fully enrolled into Nebraska, then he would be ineligible to play at any NCAA school. Luckily for him, he can play outside of the Big 12.

But like you said, any grade issues are concerning. I'm not really worried about his grades to get into UK at this point.