Nicholas County 12 Mason County 8 (8 innings)

Nicholas County led early 6-0 then fell behind 7-6 before pulling out the extra inning victory. Mineer pitched a completed game for the Jackets throwing 170+ pitches. King took the loss for the Royals in relief. Congratulations to Nicholas County on the win. The Blue Jackets will face the winner of Bourbon County and Scott High on Wednesday weather permitting.

Nicholas County led early 6-0 then fell behind 7-6 before pulling out the extra inning victory. Mineer pitched a completed game for the Jackets throwing 170+ pitches. King took the loss for the Royals in relief. Congratulations to Nicholas County on the win. The Blue Jackets will face the winner of Bourbon County and Scott High on Wednesday weather permitting.

170 pitches, you have got to be kidding here. If you have to leave 1 guy in this long, you need to seriously re-evaluate the program or the coach. This is absolutely insane at best.:scared::scared::scared::scared:

170 pitches, you have got to be kidding here. If you have to leave 1 guy in this long, you need to seriously re-evaluate the program or the coach. This is absolutely insane at best.:scared::scared::scared::scared:

It was between 170 and 175 pitches.

It was between 170 and 175 pitches.

I hope they keep his arm submerged in an ice pool for 1 to 2 hours. I would certainly hope that he doesnt play another position tomorrow. Wow this is unbelievabe. I dont care how bad that you want to win.

Hilltopper, do you know how hard this kid throws.:scared:

I hope they keep his arm submerged in an ice pool for 1 to 2 hours. I would certainly hope that he doesnt play another position tomorrow. Wow this is unbelievabe. I dont care how bad that you want to win.

Hilltopper, do you know how hard this kid throws.:scared:

Not sure how hard he threw, but the announces kept saying that he got stronger as the game went on up until the 8th when he started tiring. I would say he may not throw as hard as he used too.

Pitch counts are an absolute joke in high school and beyond, all kids will tell you that they get stronger as the game goes on,especially in tournament play with the adrenalin and all. The coach probably asked him repeatedly if he wanted to come out and kid said no. Just look at Harang the other day for the Reds off of 2 days rest and over 100 pitches thrown, comes in for 4 innings and strikes out 9. Woody Fryman probably threw 200 pitches in some games and all of those old timers like he and Nolan Ryan had fewer arm problems and longer careers than what you are seeing today. Just watch the pitch count in middle school and lower, after that it is the individual.

Here's a link to the story in today's Maysville paper.

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2008/05/27/sports/068nicholas.txt

Mineer threw 175 pitches for Nicholas County. Nicholas scored 6 times in the first, Mason came back to briefly take the lead; Nicholas tied it in the 6th, then hit the two bombs in the 8th. A bad start and a couple of missed opportunities kept the Royals from advancing. Had the winning run at the plate in the bottom of the 8th in McGee, who kept the Royals in the game with three sliding catches in right field in the later innings.

Congrats to Nicholas County on the win. Congrats also to Mason County's senior class - Cox, England, Fegley, Lykins and Meadows. You have made the season very enjoyable for papa and family!

Here's a link to the story in today's Maysville paper.

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2008/05/27/sports/068nicholas.txt

Mineer threw 175 pitches for Nicholas County. Nicholas scored 6 times in the first, Mason came back to briefly take the lead; Nicholas tied it in the 6th, then hit the two bombs in the 8th. A bad start and a couple of missed opportunities kept the Royals from advancing. Had the winning run at the plate in the bottom of the 8th in McGee, who kept the Royals in the game with three sliding catches in right field in the later innings.

Congrats to Nicholas County on the win. Congrats also to Mason County's senior class - Cox, England, Fegley, Lykins and Meadows. You have made the season very enjoyable for papa and family!

McGee played a great outfield last night, made several highlight grabs. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Absolutely. 170 pitches? Unless he was throwing a knuckle ball at 50 MPH, they should deal with the coach ASAP. You can't do that to a kid's arm!!!

Pitch counts are an absolute joke in high school and beyond, all kids will tell you that they get stronger as the game goes on,especially in tournament play with the adrenalin and all. The coach probably asked him repeatedly if he wanted to come out and kid said no. Just look at Harang the other day for the Reds off of 2 days rest and over 100 pitches thrown, comes in for 4 innings and strikes out 9. Woody Fryman probably threw 200 pitches in some games and all of those old timers like he and Nolan Ryan had fewer arm problems and longer careers than what you are seeing today. Just watch the pitch count in middle school and lower, after that it is the individual.

People lived harder lives as there were not all of the things that we take for granted. They also ate better and were men way before their time. Kids actually had chores that they had to do. You cannot compare the two. I mean a 10th regional player to Woody Fryman and Nolan Ryan, WOW.

The Coach needs some serious education about the game of baseball.

People lived harder lives as there were not all of the things that we take for granted. They also ate better and were men way before their time. Kids actually had chores that they had to do. You cannot compare the two. I mean a 10th regional player to Woody Fryman and Nolan Ryan, WOW.

The Coach needs some serious education about the game of baseball.

Talking about Woodie Fryman in high school at 10th region Fleming County, would almost bet he had games of 200 pitches or more through high school and MLB,ala Ryan. All MLBers were high schoolers and middle schoolers at one time.

Coach Travis Sims knows the game of baseball and would not leave a kid in if his arm was hurting. I would say this kid is sore today, but more than likely it will be muscle and that is something a pitcher has to get used to and know how to treat (rest and ice).

Coach Travis Sims knows the game of baseball and would not leave a kid in if his arm was hurting. I would say this kid is sore today, but more than likely it will be muscle and that is something a pitcher has to get used to and know how to treat (rest and ice).

He should have had his rest and ice 65 pitches before that. I dont care who is pitching and how strong that he thinks he is throwing and feeling. It is the coach's responsibility to remove him.