• Boston in 4
    • Detroit in 4
    • Boston in 5
    • Detroit in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Detroit in 6
    • Boston in 7
    • Detroit in 7

Yeah, just like those two blowouts by New Orleans proved the Spurs weren't good enough to beat them...er...wait...how did that turn out again?

This is the NBA Playoffs, not March Madness. It lasts 3 years, not 3 weeks. It's best-of-seven, not one-and-done.

Seriously, can anyone tell me, will the NBA Finals or the World Series end first?:D

If Chauncey can't give Detroit anything, it's going to hurt them. He certainly didn't look that great last night.

Regardless, I'll stick with Detroit...Boston has yet to prove they can win a road game and I still feel confident that the Pistons can get one of the four in Beantown. Not that matters, neither of these teams will beat Los Angeles or San Antonio, IMO.

Detroit will win game 2. Perhaps we'll see what the C's are made of when they're placed in a situation where they have to win on the road...

Then again, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they'll become the first team to ever secure home-court advantage throughout the playoffs and win the championship by going 16-12 and winning every home game. I doubt it, but that would be interesting to say the least.

The Pistons are untested in the playoffs. The Celtics are the only team who can match up with the Pistons out of the East. Even though Detroit was the #2 seed I still say they had a much easier road to the Conference Finals than the Celtics.

If anything being pushed to two game 7's has made the C's a better team.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Detroit's time is over. Then again, I believe the Spurs will win the championship, so I am taking a double standard here. I took Boston in 5

I agree with the Detroit statement. I just can't see Detroit beating Boston in beantown and I do think this will be the series where Boston finally gets a win on the road.

Scary part about it is they have made the conference finals with Ray Allen averaging just 8 ppg. You have to figure he is going to come out of his shell sooner or later.

The Pistons are untested in the playoffs. The Celtics are the only team who can match up with the Pistons out of the East. Even though Detroit was the #2 seed I still say they had a much easier road to the Conference Finals than the Celtics.

If anything being pushed to two game 7's has made the C's a better team.

In the 2008 playoffs, that may be true, but that's a laughable statement. This is the sixth consecutive time the Pistons have been in the Eastern Conference Finals. They have an NBA Championship and a runner-up. Call me crazy, but I'll take that "testing" over a couple of 7 game series (one vs. a one man team and the other vs. a team they should have swept).

Pistons in 6.

I agree with the Detroit statement. I just can't see Detroit beating Boston in beantown and I do think this will be the series where Boston finally gets a win on the road.

Scary part about it is they have made the conference finals with Ray Allen averaging just 8 ppg. You have to figure he is going to come out of his shell sooner or later.

Why? At some point you have to figure what you see is what you're going to get.

In the 2008 playoffs, that may be true, but that's a laughable statement. This is the sixth consecutive time the Pistons have been in the Eastern Conference Finals. They have an NBA Championship and a runner-up. Call me crazy, but I'll take that "testing" over a couple of 7 game series (one vs. a one man team and the other vs. a team they should have swept).

Pistons in 6.

If you re-read my post you'd realize I was talking about this year when I referred to them as being the #2 seed but having an easier road to the finals.

Everyone knows the streak they have of being in the finals including myself. Thanks for questioning my "fan-hood" though. :madman: ;)

Edited by Eta Rho

If you re-read my post you'd realize I was talking about this year when I referred to them as being the #2 seed but having an easier road to the finals.

Everyone knows the streak they have of being in the finals including myself. Thanks for questioning my "fan-hood" though. :madman: ;)

I knew exactly what you were talking about...if you go back to before the playoffs started, I made that very statement.

I was merely bringing to the light the inconvenient truth that you left out...when a team has been through the battles like Detroit has for 6 years, the fact that they've had an easy road in the playoffs this year means nothing as far as being untested. This team has proven itself over the years. They know how to win in the playoffs. If Boston beats them, it won't be because they're more battle tested. It will be because they're the better team. Plain and simple.

I knew exactly what you were talking about...if you go back to before the playoffs started, I made that very statement.

I was merely bringing to the light the inconvenient truth that you left out...when a team has been through the battles like Detroit has for 6 years, the fact that they've had an easy road in the playoffs this year means nothing as far as being untested. This team has proven itself over the years. They know how to win in the playoffs. If Boston beats them, it won't be because they're more battle tested. It will be because they're the better team. Plain and simple.

I simply said they were untested throughout these playoffs. And that Boston was the only team who matched up with them out of the east. Nothing more nothing less.

I simply said they were untested throughout these playoffs. And that Boston was the only team who matched up with them out of the east. Nothing more nothing less.

As a reason why Boston would beat them...I was simply pointing out that when you've been battle tested for the previous 5 years, a couple of easy rounds can only be a plus. Boston's been through two, tough 7 game series, while Detroit has cruised...it's very possible the Celtics could fade as the series wears on. Sorry, but I just can't see allowing two far inferior teams to push you the brink in consecutive series is an advantage going into the conference finals against a fresher and more experienced Pistons team. I'm not sure it says a lot of positives about your team if it gets "tested" by the Hawks. Detroit is untested because they took care of business like a team of their caliber should, rather than forgetting to travel like Boston has done so far.

But, hey...I hope you're right about both these series.:thumb:

Pistons win 103-97. Series tied at 1-1.

First time all post season the Celts lost at home & first time all post season they have allowed 100+ points.

No fans of the Eastern Conference on tonight?