• Detroit in 4
    • Boston in 5
    • Detroit in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Detroit in 6
    • Boston in 7
    • Detroit in 7

Pistons win 103-97. Series tied at 1-1.

First time all post season the Celts lost at home & first time all post season they have allowed 100+ points.

No fans of the Eastern Conference on tonight?

Everyone was too busy watching the JTM boys play another great game in San Diego. :lol:

As for this game, VERY happy to see Detroit come back and win Game 2. I think the stat now stands that the Pistons have won 9 straight Game 2 in a series.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pistons win 103-97. Series tied at 1-1.

First time all post season the Celts lost at home & first time all post season they have allowed 100+ points.

No fans of the Eastern Conference on tonight?

Will the Celtics win a road game now that they have to? Not only do they have to win one, but they have to win one of the next two, IMO. They can't afford to go down 3-1 to the Pistons.

The Pistons were money last night...big shot after big shot...every time Boston would close the gap, somebody would make a huge shot to keep them in front. They made some huge threes in that game as well.

When the score 101-97, I don't understand why Pierce didn't finish at the rim instead of kicking out for a three...score a deuce and one more missed free throw gives you a chance to tie. Plus, Detroit was out of timeouts...could have forced them to inbound the ball one more time and possibly got a turnover.

As a reason why Boston would beat them...I was simply pointing out that when you've been battle tested for the previous 5 years, a couple of easy rounds can only be a plus. Boston's been through two, tough 7 game series, while Detroit has cruised...it's very possible the Celtics could fade as the series wears on. Sorry, but I just can't see allowing two far inferior teams to push you the brink in consecutive series is an advantage going into the conference finals against a fresher and more experienced Pistons team. I'm not sure it says a lot of positives about your team if it gets "tested" by the Hawks. Detroit is untested because they took care of business like a team of their caliber should, rather than forgetting to travel like Boston has done so far.

But, hey...I hope you're right about both these series.:thumb:

I can deal with that. But to say Boston is inexperienced is wrong. All three of their big three have been to the conference finals before. (KG with the Wolves, Pierce with the Celts, and Allen with the Bucks.)

I can deal with that. But to say Boston is inexperienced is wrong. All three of their big three have been to the conference finals before. (KG with the Wolves, Pierce with the Celts, and Allen with the Bucks.)

Who said Boston was inexperienced? I didn't. I'm well aware of what the Big 2 and 1/3 have and haven't done in their careers.

I bashed the Spurs for being a dirty team but their is one guy that could be just as dirty if not dirtier than some of those players only he does it in not so blatant way. The guy I am speaking of is the Pistons Rip Hamilton. Don't get me wrong, he is a master & the best there is at going around screens, setting his player up, etc. but in the process he can be a dirty player. They showed him setting up Sam Cassell with a jab step but at the same time he grabbed Cassells arm & pulled him in that direction, freeing himself to receive the pass. If you watch him, you can see all kinds of things he gets away with. I am not knocking him because his "tactics" are not as blatant & harsh as Bowens & company. Just an observation.

Michael Jordan said Larry Bird was the best ever he played that did that. Sneaky dirty. I had a feeling the Celts would win tonight. They really struggled with the half court trap though. The officials really let them play in this one. It was like the old days as far as a physical Eastern Confrence Playoff Game.

I wondered if Boston would step up and win a road game when they got in a position where they had to. I can't say that I expected them to, but I did wonder...

These playoffs have been strange...there have been a few series that have been back and forth and gone 6 or 7 games, but the individual games themselves have often been blowouts. The last two games of this series...

In the first six games of the Spurs/Hornets series the closest game was 11 points...even game 7 was 9 points. You'd think in a 7 game series, at least one would be a nail-biter, last minute game.

IMO there was too much one on one play by the Celtics last night. Anytime they got close, they'd rush a shot instead of looking for the open man.

Boston will have to play more consistent over the next 3 games if they want to win this series.

IMO there was too much one on one play by the Celtics last night. Anytime they got close, they'd rush a shot instead of looking for the open man.

Boston will have to play more consistent over the next 3 games if they want to win this series.

I still like Detroit to win this series, but I'm hoping the Celtics do. I was glad to see them get the home-court advantage back.

I still like Detroit to win this series, but I'm hoping the Celtics do. I was glad to see them get the home-court advantage back.

I feel the same way. Detroit is tough and Boston has been really inconsistent throughout the playoffs. One game they look like world beaters and the next they look very flat and emotionless.

I feel the same way. Detroit is tough and Boston has been really inconsistent throughout the playoffs. One game they look like world beaters and the next they look very flat and emotionless.

Detroit is the same way...they seem disinterested at times and then others they look like the best team in the league. They use the "flip the switch" line a lot talking about Detroit and it certainly seems that way sometimes. I still think they'll win, but it could definitely go Boston's way...especially after Detroit laid an egg in game 3 and surrendered the home court advantage they had gained by winning in Boston.

The thing about Detroit is that it doesn't seem to matter to them where the game is being played when the playoffs start...they seem almost as likely to step up and win on the road as they do at home.