• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-Mosin-Nagant built in 1943 in the Republic of Georgia

-A Chinese SKS, paratrooper model.

I thought about adding a Tokarev pistol to the lot then realized if I did that I would need to start wearing a whole lot more red and refer to all of my friends as "Comrade."

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm

One of the best things I have ever seen online about the Nagant, AK and AR. :lol:

Glock 22 .40.

Looking to get an assault rifle.

If you can afford it I would sugggest an FN-FAL. I have fired an AK, AR, M-4, FAL, a Mini-14 and a SIG-556 and of that lot I would rank them as follows:

1: FN-Fal

2: AR-15

3: Sig-556

4. M-4

5. Mini-14

6. AK-47

I really and truly did not care for the AK very much and it has nothing to do with recoil considering I put the most powerful of the bunch up there as #1. And the fact that one of my rifles is a veritable cannon anyway(just check the link I posted). The design and grips were my biggest beef with it. Now it could have been the model I fired(I don't think it was Russian), so I can't claim this from on high but my experience is as above.

If you can afford it I would sugggest an FN-FAL. I have fired an AK, AR, M-4 FAL, a Mini-14 and a SIG-556 and of that lot I would rank them as follows:

4. M-4

5. Mini-14

6. AK-47

I really and truly did not care for the AK very much and it has nothing to do with recoil considering I put the most powerful of the bunch up there as #1. And the fact that one of my rifles is a veritable cannon anyway(just check the link I posted). The design and grips were my biggest beef with it. Now it could have been the model I fired(I don't think it was Russian), so I can't claim this from on high but my experience is as above.

Whether is Russian or not the design is almost Identical.

I love mine but thats because its an Egyptian Maadi, same gun as the one in the movie "Wolverines."

Anyone have any sage advice on my dilemma?

All my knowledge is on older guns and military weapons, sorry.

Although a Barret .50 will definitely help you with your squirrel problem. Well that and any issues with lightly armored vehicles that might come your way. :D

Anyone have any sage advice on my dilemma?

Both are excellent guns.

What caliber are you looking at in each?

What other guns do you own?

Do you prefer a revolver or semi.?

Will you use it for self defense and concealed carry as well as plinking?

You can get the Sig Law enforcement trade-ins P225(previous gen) in 9mm that feature unique European “P6” markings. Light holster wear but mechanically in excellent condition. Includes 2-8rd magazines and used holster for about $260 plus transfer fees right now.

If you can afford it I would sugggest an FN-FAL. I have fired an AK, AR, M-4, FAL, a Mini-14 and a SIG-556 and of that lot I would rank them as follows:

4. M-4

5. Mini-14

6. AK-47

I would love an M-4. What's the cheapest I could get a used one in good condition?