Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your favorite band that most people have never heard of.

Featured Replies

Old Crow Medicine Show

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Intros, of course. :ylsuper:
:thumb: Beat me to it. :banana:

Slobberbone

Gardenhose- from Dayton,KY sound great and local talent.

Everyone on here appears too young to know Blue Oyster Cult.

Everyone on here appears too young to know Blue Oyster Cult.
Ask RTS to tell you his Blue Oyster Cult story. :cool:
Ask RTS to tell you his Blue Oyster Cult story. :cool:

 

 

Alright RTS, lay it on us!;)

 

One of my top 5 favorite bands.

The General by Dispatch is one of my favorite songs. Don't really know a whole lot of other stuff by them though.

 

A buddy of mine is real into Matisyahu... his stuff is just not for me though...

 

 

You mean this guy right here!!?:

 

matisyahu-grp1-0806.jpg

 

 

Matisyahu & Co. rock! His music is so distinct and fresh.

Everyone on here appears too young to know Blue Oyster Cult.

 

Only if we lived on the moon. In a cave. With our eyes shut and our hands over our ears. (bonus points to those who get the reference)

 

Don't Fear The Reaper has to be one of the most well known songs of all time. Even Godzilla and Burnin' For You have had their fair share of covers and usage.

I almost feel sorry for BOC, I am a fan of their music, but nowadays whenever anyone hears about them all anyone thinks about is more cowbell. :lol:

I almost feel sorry for BOC, I am a fan of their music, but nowadays whenever anyone hears about them all anyone thinks about is more cowbell. :lol:

 

I was thinking the same thing!!

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Reverend Peyton's Big "Dang" Band

The Nervous Wrecks

The Steel Drivers

 

I had never heard of the Reverend before, but saw them open for Flogging Molly a couple months back. I think the majority of the crowd was in the same situation as me, but by the end of their set the entire audience was yelling and clapping along

 

For anyone who wants to check them out, the Reverend sings and plays an old acoustic guitar with a slide. His brother is on the drums with a 5-gallon bucket, and his wife plays a washboard. Definately not a sound I usually listen to, but after seeing them, I immediately picked up a cd.

I had never heard of the Reverend before, but saw them open for Flogging Molly a couple months back. I think the majority of the crowd was in the same situation as me, but by the end of their set the entire audience was yelling and clapping along

 

For anyone who wants to check them out, the Reverend sings and plays an old acoustic guitar with a slide. His brother is on the drums with a 5-gallon bucket, and his wife plays a washboard. Definately not a sound I usually listen to, but after seeing them, I immediately picked up a cd.

 

All of the cd's they have out are pretty good....

 

Pork & Beans Incident

Big "Dang" Nation

The Gospel Albulm

and they have a compilation w/ Jason Wembley...pretty good stuff, but definately a unique sound.

 

http://s93101162.onlinehome.us/

Polaris

Buzzfly

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

From Autumn to Ashes

Rise Against

 

Neither especially underground, unknown bands... But nobody I talk to at work seems to know them and I get weird looks when I wear the tee shirts. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.