Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your favorite band that most people have never heard of.

Featured Replies

The Disco Biscuits

Ben Folds...

 

My roommate is way, way too obsessed with the song Jamilia.

 

And how is Ben Folds not heard of?

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Refreshments/Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers by far, my all time favorite.

 

:thumb: I've gotten into them recently and really like them.

 

I don't know how "unheard of" they are (they were unheard of to me, at least), but I've come to like Iggy and the Stooges.

 

I also like Spoon, Dispatch, the Drive by Truckers, Matisyahu, and Muse.

Turisas

Orphaned Land

Huun-Huur-Tu

Evans Blue

Placebo

Secondhand Seranade

Keane

Lostprophets

Steroside, "Were on our way" is a cool song.

The Black Keys

Racontuers

The Black Angels

The Replacements were the greatest band of the '80s — yes, better than REM and U2, the only two bands who come close — and have had a major influence on countless bands/artists, yet most people know nothing of them.

John Butler Trio. An Australian band whose lead singer/guitarist will melt your face.

Joe Hedges. A guy out of Cincinnati who mixes techno and rock.

David Gray. A little more well-known but awesome.

Venus Hum. A techno group out of Nashville with a hot lead singer.

Boomtown Rats

  • Author

Also please give a brief description the band in case anyone is interested in checking them out.:thumb:

  • Author
That song is intended to be so tongue-in-cheek, and people don't get it, and they get turned off by it big time. Have you followed them for a while? There best album was right before that one, entitled "...Is a Real Boy"

 

I'm a really casual fan of them. I enjoy their music, but I wouldn't say I "follow" them. What are some songs off that album?

  • Author
My more popular favorites: Widespread Panic, Kings Of Leon, Wilco, The Flaming Lips.

 

 

I've been getting into them recently. His voice is so distinct, and interesting, not to mention the music is just good all in itself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.